This Forum has changed!

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: This Forum has changed!

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:

Regarding the content of the forum, the content is made by the users who write and post... It depends on them. The fact is that I am a bit surprised seeing people in quest from spiritual food in a forum. To be sincere, this would not be the first place I would go. I have me prayer books and in particular the menologion that I bought month after month. There is much daily spiritual food in it with the services for the saints and feasts (I also have a Triodon lent, a pentecostarion). Spiritual food is also praying and not only reading... and forums don't permit to pray...

Yes, you are probably right, but in my case, I found True Orthodox by reading posts here that led me to think.
Of course, many posts were not appropriate, but the few jewels that I found led me to the Truth, which is Christ.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Jean-Serge wrote:

Regarding the content of the forum, the content is made by the users who write and post... It depends on them. The fact is that I am a bit surprised seeing people in quest from spiritual food in a forum. To be sincere, this would not be the first place I would go. I have me prayer books and in particular the menologion that I bought month after month. There is much daily spiritual food in it with the services for the saints and feasts (I also have a Triodon lent, a pentecostarion). Spiritual food is also praying and not only reading... and forums don't permit to pray...

And yet, you are here.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

joasia wrote:
Jean-Serge wrote:

And yet, you are here.

Dear Jean-Serge,

I agree with Joanna, yes, you are here, but I state further, I am very glad that you are here.
Could you kindly share your conversion experience in a new thread?

Jonathan,

Do we have a forum dedicated to discussing conversions?

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

asthione wrote:

Dear administrators,

I have a question and I hope that don’t disturb anyone:

Why at 'Resources' - 'True Orthodox Churches' links to the other jurisdictions like for example that of Bp. Gregory (Grable) of Colorado or GOC Matthewitte under Archb. Nicholas are not included?

Dear Asthione,

I only just got my membership this weekend so I apologize for answering so late. I hope it is still useful to you and others on this thread. What I offer is only a suggestion, but based on what I know of His grace, Archbishop Gregory, the reason he is not perhaps included among the links is that he himself generally, at least in the past--I don't know about recently though, has not recognized most of the True Orthodox Jurisdictions as being in a state of grace and has stated most of them at various times in his writings and in his correspondence as being uncanonical. That is why he usually in times past rebaptised communing members of other True Orthodox Jurisdictions when they came to him. So, what is the point of recognizing him, if he does not generally recognize most of bishops of the people who frequent this site. He is a good man in many ways, and there is much that I respect him for. However, the unfortunate fact is that he has become something of a lone ranger as the years have gone by. The times are evil and many are scandalized. For some they become more patient and less judgemental and seek to build bridges as much as is permissible to do within the bounds of Orthodoxy. Others find themselves more and more marginalized by these things. Perhaps Archbishop Gregory is doing his best to honor his conscience and you can't fault him for that. But he has essentially excluded himself. I like Vladika Gregory so, personally, I have no problem being in communion with him if he would reciprocate the recognition for the GOC. But he generally does not do that. I hope that helps explain some of the underlying issues that probably contributed to his sites not being readily resourced here. God bless, Symeon

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Icxypion wrote:
asthione wrote:

Dear administrators,

I have a question and I hope that don’t disturb anyone:

Why at 'Resources' - 'True Orthodox Churches' links to the other jurisdictions like for example that of Bp. Gregory (Grable) of Colorado or GOC Matthewitte under Archb. Nicholas are not included?

Dear Asthione,

I only just got my membership this weekend so I apologize for answering so late. I hope it is still useful to you and others on this thread. What I offer is only a suggestion, but based on what I know of His grace, Archbishop Gregory, the reason he is not perhaps included among the links is that he himself generally, at least in the past--I don't know about recently though, has not recognized most of the True Orthodox Jurisdictions as being in a state of grace and has stated most of them at various times in his writings and in his correspondence as being uncanonical.

Just for the record, Bp Gregory (Grabbe) was a respected hierarch of ROCOR who reposed in the bosom of the ROAC a decade ago. Abp Gregory (George) of Colorado, depsed and removed by multiple jurisdictions, and oftentimes a modernist and revisionist-- and in my opinion-- a cult leader is a different person. I thought the Matthewites were on the links page. The Kirykites are, so one would think the other two would be.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Maria wrote:
joasia wrote:
Jean-Serge wrote:

And yet, you are here.

Dear Jean-Serge,

I agree with Joanna, yes, you are here, but I state further, I am very glad that you are here.
Could you kindly share your conversion experience in a new thread?

Jonathan,

I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. No we don't, but maybe it would be a good idea. I can create one and put it in the "Living the Faith" section.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:
Maria wrote:

Jonathan,

I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. No we don't, but maybe it would be a good idea. I can create one and put it in the "Living the Faith" section.

Sounds great.