Questions on sickness and death from a Pentecostal Christian

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Questions on sickness and death from a Pentecostal Chris

Post by Matthew »

I agree with the above comments. The questions are so broad it would take weeks of long conversation explore the Orthodox answers to them in a way that would give a Protestant a solid idea of what the correct response to these questions is. And they are rebellious and proud and trust in their traditions stubbornly. I have had so many Prots and Evangelicals after long debate admit to me that Orthodoxy had the stronger argument and then when I ask them if they will come to Church or convert, or at least adopt the Orthodox position in that point of doctrine or practice, and they say, "No." UGH!!!! What for then? Oh well, "leave them alone, you come and follow Me," is what Christ said. If they are serious about truth they will come back of their own accord and continue to seek. If not, they are happy in their heresies and will not seek anything else.

Also, I agree with Maria about the Messianic Christians (Hebrew Roots Movement) they are really stiff-necked! How sad since most of them are Evangelicals who felt that they had no historical connectivity with the Historic Church, so they bypass 2000 years of Christian History and return to the Law with Christian window dressing. How sad! I have tried talking to these people and they insist that they are not protestant yet they use an entirely protestant approach to the faith. They really think they have escaped man-made denominationalism and found a pure apostolic stream, but it is repugnant to God. Very sad indeed.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That really rings true about the Protestants.
It really does make me wonder WHY, really, they refuse to convert - there must be more to it than a whim.
Must be the Devil has them in chains and gives a yank when the Protestant even THINKS about should he change over.
The Protestant then gives up immediately !

Many times, anyway

These others sound too terrible to even take in !! I am having a hard time even READING about them.

Are there many of 'em out there ? I had not even heard of them til Maria's post ! Thank you, Maria, for
giving wonderful observations about the contemporary scene.

Icxpion is a great analyst.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for the compliment but honestly, you mustn't praise me. I am not very smart. I'm pretty slow and often stupid and ignorant. I can't tell you how many times I have been surprised at how everyone sees a danger or error but I don't until I have taken a beating.