ObamaCare Laws Require Everyone Gets Chipped

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: ObamaCare Laws Require Everyone Gets Chipped

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

Hello Barbara, I don't know what the rules are about exemptions. I am not an American citizen. Many people are moving out of the USA because they can see what is coming and is not far off anymore. Maybe that is an option at some point worth considering.

Yes, some Americans are moving to Australia and other places, but one must be employable and under 65. If one is close to 65, only a visa is possible. Seems we are locked in (prison planet?). No more freedom of movement.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

Icxypion wrote:

Many people are moving out of the USA because they can see what is coming and is not far off anymore.

There really are only three basic options if such a thing were to come about; accept it, suffer through it (ie. refuse it and suffer the consequences) or have an exit strategy. I suppose some would add "fight it" to the list... however that would seem somewhat futile in my opinion.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, fighting it would not be very useful.

StephenS
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Not attached presently

Post by StephenS »

That politicians are not able to scrutinise legislation thoroughly before it is passed beggars the question is the USA actually a democracy or merely a caricature of one? I write this without any wish to offend but rather to make sense of something that truly astounds me.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I don't really believe in "democracy" anyway. I am a monarchist. I read some time ago that there was an opinion among some holy fathers that the government that would make way and usher in the AntiChrist was democracy. That there are benefits that are part of a democracy that takes root in a Christian morals and ethics-based society is undeniable. However, once the inheritance has been spent, of such a godless system based on what the masses want in their passions--what then?

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

Technically, the United States was never meant to be a democracy, but rather, a republic. However, anyone observing the political situation in the USA can't help but sense it's become an oligarchy.

Icxypion wrote:

I read some time ago that there was an opinion among some holy fathers that the government that would make way and usher in the AntiChrist was democracy.

Self rule is dangerous. Anytime people can vote on what they want and the majority get their way things seem to go wrong. Mob rule is almost always a bad thing. In effect, it becomes the 51% oppressing the 49%.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, and I think I read somewhere a quote of (was it Plato?) that Democracies fail because once the people realise they can vote themselves money, they well then proceed to bankrupt the treasury and politicians who depend on pleasing them to gain the vote will be bound to fulfil their demands, or lose their position.