Should Father Seraphim Rose will be glorified? Will he?

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Will Father Seraphim Rose be Glorified? Should he?

He will and should be.

76%

He will but should not be.

6%

He will not but should be.

No votes

He will not and should not be.

18%

Total votes: 17

Seraphim Reeves

I think what can be fairly said...

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

I think what can be fairly said, is that while Blessed Fr.Seraphim may not be the first new world Saint (or new world convert Saint to be more specific), I think he has an affinity to we "moderns" that someone like St.Peter the Aleut may not. Fr.Seraphim was the product of basically the same culture as we are, and grappeled with many of the same "contemporary" problems we have. This is not to say any of these problems are unique to our culture or times... but I would say the combination of them, and to some extent their extremity, is.

Seraphim

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Perhaps St. Peter the Aleut is not considered an American convert since he lived and was martyred in 1815, while Alaska (his native land) didn't become part of the United States until 1867? So... maybe it would be most accurate to consider him a convert to the Russian Orthodox Church (and he was in a Russian land, Alaska), though we venerate him as an American saint because Alaska is now part of America, and so we've sort of "adopted" the Alaskan saints as our own?

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Though I really do think it's too early to say for sure, I finally did vote: "He will not and should not be."