ROCA Holy Trinity parish is within Tsunami Warning area

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: ROCA Holy Trinity parish is within Tsunami Warning area

Post by Barbara »

Before I agree with Cyprian about the manufactured phenomena he mentioned being credible, let me say this about Maria's earlier post.

Regarding the word "estuary". That nearly numbed me to see. I couldn't concentrate on the rest because I feared a bad sign there. I could relate the story, but probably few would be much interested. Just for the moment to mark this great parish as something to pray for in terms of safety and having full-time clergy.

I did look at the link and was amazed at the fabulous icons shown. In the vault of the dome with the 2 Archangels, on the walls, etc. Very impressive ! When one looks at the Photo Gallery, one can see better where certain icons are placed.

But - why was the classic and rare pic of both Metropolitan Philaret and St John serving together at this parish taken away ??
There were only 3 photos at all. Strange. Perhaps this signifies a "seismic shift" over to the Greek and away from the Russian ?
I noted some writing citing Greek figures. This is a little worrisome, for this parish was strongly Russian and Slavic as far as I remember from reading about their case succeeding in court.

There is a lovely heartfelt plaque pictured, giving thanks to God for the parishioners having been delivered from [Communist] oppression. I hope that will not be the ONLY memorial to Holy Trinity Oxnard's illustrious past ??

Cyprian, it's a real danger like you said.