Three Greek priests join the RTOC Synod - June 2015

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Three Greek priests join the RTOC Synod - June 2015

Post by Jean-Serge »

Marlon Scott to HmkEnoch • 4 days ago wrote:

How does this RTOC statement:
'Since RTOC is not the fullness of the Local Russian Church, but only one part of the Russian Church, the RTOC Synod of Bishops can not make a final judgment on the grace of the sacraments, or lack of grace in the MP.'

...differ from this GOC-K statement?
'...with regard to the Mysteries celebrated in the so-called official Orthodox Churches, the True Orthodox Church does not provide assurance concerning their validity or concerning their soteriological efficacy...'

These statements are virtually similar. I just don't get how the RTOC is unable to judge the MP since it isn't the fullness of the Russian Church, but they can somehow judge the True Orthodox Church in Greece.

Both statements are crypto-cyprianism according to me.

Last edited by Maria on Sat 22 August 2015 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correcting quote ... this statement was made by Marion Scott to HmkEnoch at NFTU.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:
Marlon Scott to HmkEnoch • 4 days ago wrote:

How does this RTOC statement:
'Since RTOC is not the fullness of the Local Russian Church, but only one part of the Russian Church, the RTOC Synod of Bishops can not make a final judgment on the grace of the sacraments, or lack of grace in the MP.'

...differ from this GOC-K statement?
'...with regard to the Mysteries celebrated in the so-called official Orthodox Churches, the True Orthodox Church does not provide assurance concerning their validity or concerning their soteriological efficacy...'

These statements are virtually similar. I just don't get how the RTOC is unable to judge the MP since it isn't the fullness of the Russian Church, but they can somehow judge the True Orthodox Church in Greece.

Both statements are crypto-cyprianism according to me.

Yes, I agree. So, GOC-K and ROCA as well as the RTOC are all Cyprianites.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

igor

Post by igor »

Met Cyprians ecclesiology was not new or original.
He simply rationalized and documented what the Russian
Church always believed . SIR, GOC-K, RTOC are all
Rocorites. You either accept ROCOR legacy in its fullness
or reject it .

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

igor wrote:

Met Cyprians ecclesiology was not new or original.
He simply rationalized and documented what the Russian
Church always believed . SIR, GOC-K, RTOC are all
Rocorites. You either accept ROCOR legacy in its fullness
or reject it .

Exactly, Anthony of Geneva would not judge the MP, but he certainly judged the True Orthodox Church
in Greece as not being canonical. Note: Anthony of Geneva was not unique in his condemnation as the
current MP and the EP both certainly would not judge each other's canonicity, even though they have
territorial disputes, but they have certainly condemned the True Orthodox Churches in Greece and the
True Orthodox Churches in Russia as being uncanonical, heretical, and schismatic.

The Auxentians, GOC-K, SiR, Macarians, and all the other vagante Old Calendar groups in Greece all
have their roots in the GOC under St. Matthew, having been founded by former defrocked clergy under
him. However, they uncanonically left the GOC to form their own schismatic uncanonical synods that
smeared St. Matthew and the GOC he founded. Perhaps that is why Anthony of Geneva rejected all
the Old Calendar Greeks as one byzantine mess. Pardon the pun.

Indeed, from the beginning of the GOC, there was seen a constant flip-flop of beliefs in Chrysotomos
of Florina
who was originally with the EP, then condemned it and joined the Genuine Church of
Greece in 1935 along with St. Matthew. Next in 1937, after being imprisoned, starved, beaten,
tortured, and brainwashed, Chrysostomos broke. He left St. Matthew, and issued contradictory statements
siding with the EP as being canonical, but he never rejoined the EP. Neither did he condemn the Old
Calendar, which he followed until his last breath. And this was the contradiction - even though the EP
rejected Old Calendarists as being uncanonical, Chrysostomos continued to work with the New
Calendarists but celebrated according to the Old Calendar. Nevertheless, Chrysostomos never rejoined
the EP, nor rejoined St. Matthew, but remained alone in his uncanonicity until he died. It is as
schizophrenic as one can get.

In the late 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s, the Genuine Church in Greece was struggling for survival as the
Freemasons in the EP were killing, imprisoning, and taking the property of the Old Calendarists. How
could Chrysostomos side with these wicked EP and Ecumenical Greek forces and even scheme to
give them the monastic properties belonging to St. Matthew? Had he temporarily lost his mind while
imprisoned by the Greek police under these wicked men? Did they slip him some mind altering drugs
previously developed by the German pharmaceuticals even before WWII? This appears most likely as
the pro-EP forces had politically motivated sweeps that imprisoned GOC clergy, monastic, and laity.
These prisoners were systematically stripped naked in inhumane filthy Greek prisons. Their facial hair
was pulled out by roots. They were beaten, denied basic cleanliness, and medical care. Their rotting
flesh was eaten by flies. They were consistently denied sleep, food, water, and clean clothing. The
little food they received was either rotten or bug infested. One could go mad just with the lice, fleas,
mosquitoes, and mites biting them constantly along with the constant screams from the adjacent
torture chambers that prevented sleep. In this, the EP was more criminal than the Nazis because he
proclaimed himself a Christian leader yet allowed and encouraged this inhumane treatment of Christians.

Lord have mercy.

One must realize that the pharmaceutical psychoactive drugs developed by German Pharmaceutical
companies since the early 1900s all have one vicious feature -- they have all been modified with fluoride
and other halogen ions which can cross the blood brain barrier and fossilize the pineal gland, which is
the key area in the brain that enables us to pray, think, and to act rationally. This is chemical warfare.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

One must realize one horrific fact in all this strife among the Genuine True Orthodox --
all the discord has been mediated, provoked, driven, staged, and controlled by the EP and the
State Church of Greece. These ungodly Freemasonic forces have imprisoned, beaten, starved,
tortured, drugged, and brainwashed our hierarchs, clergy, monastics, and laity in Greece in order to
destroy the True Faith if they could. They have failed to do so.

Chrysosotom of Florina was just one of their many victims of this massive program to divide and
conquer the True Orthodox, but St. Matthew continued to seek him out and call him to repentance.

Therefore, in a spirit of humility, forgiveness, and love, we need to forgive and constantly pray for
all who call themselves the Genuine Orthodox brethren in Greece and all the True Orthodox
throughout the world, whether departed this life or still alive, especially remembering Chrysostomos
of Florina.

p.s. Christian charity (and forgiveness) does not imply ecumenism. The two are diametrically opposed.
If someone has failed, even in ignorance, they need to repent. If someone has fallen into schism,
they need to be restored in Christian charity. On the contrary, ecumenism teaches that everyone is on
the same playing field and need not repent or change their way of thinking. However, according to the
ecumenists only the Old Calendarists need to repent and do penance for a year for rejecting the EP.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

This is pathetic.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I have to return to read the full thread carefully : eyes are barely staying open at the moment !

I want to go back to what igor said about Romanian Communist regime. Yes, that is in fact just what I was thinking myself.
I read an old Orthodox Word on Fr George Calciu's life and was so stricken by all that he suffered.
I was thinking back to that when looking at Elder Cleopa's life. I had skipped the part where the NC elder was likely imprisoned by the Communists because i knew I couldn't handle any more after Fr George Calciu's experiences which really affected me.