ROCA, Royal Path & Cyprianism: A Warning

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Vladimir Moss

Re: ROCA, Royal Path & Cyprianism: A Warning

Post by Vladimir Moss »

Deacon Ephraim, you say that the Cyprianites have repented of their Cyprianism. Where and when? I haven't seen it. What I have seen is Bishop Auxentios' recent article in which he specifically states that he repented of nothing. "Je ne regrette rien"! See my article, published here on Euphrosynos Cafe, called "Bishop Auxentios GOC-K' Trojan Horse".

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Regarding the middle path of marriage ....

Please remember that Saints are neither infallible nor perfect. Only Christ is perfect.
We glorify saints because we believe that they have lived virtuous lives and have followed the Royal Path, that narrow gate which leads to Paradise.

Applying the phrase "middle way" to marriage is dangerous and false not only because it degrades the Holy Mystery of Crowning (marriage), but also because it employs a pagan argument taught by Aristotle who lived before Christ's Incarnation. This idea was further developed by Thomas Aquinas and scholasticism which not only captured the Roman Catholic Church, but also the Russian Orthodox Church later on during the Western Captivity.

Those married according to Holy Orthodox Christian are to live chaste and holy lives so that they will be good examples of holiness for their children.

However, what goes on today in World Orthodox marriages is shameful as some priests are teaching couples, "what goes on in the bedroom is none of our business." This I heard on some retreats at the Serbian Orthodox Church. I will not dwell on the unchaste attitudes of some of those in world Orthodoxy, as we must remember that there is no sin hidden from God, and to present these sins would certainly be a temptation to many. However, these priests are teaching that sinful behaviors are not sinful in marriage. Anything goes. Let the reader beware! This is not true, but is a lie from Satan.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

Vladimir Moss wrote:

Deacon Ephraim, you say that the Cyprianites have repented of their Cyprianism. Where and when? I haven't seen it. What I have seen is Bishop Auxentios' recent article in which he specifically states that he repented of nothing. "Je ne regrette rien"! See my article, published here on Euphrosynos Cafe, called "Bishop Auxentios GOC-K' Trojan Horse".

Forgive me, Mr. Moss, but I'm not sure that I ever said that "the Cyprianites have repented of their Cyprianism." Perhaps you are referring to my statement that Fr. Steven Allen "believes that the former SiR groups have sufficiently repented of Cyprianism." This, as far as I know, does reflect Fr. Steven's view. I don't necessarily agree with that view, however. I tend toward your own public view that the Cyprianites to this day have not made a sufficient public statement of repentance.

I have read both your article and Bishops Auxentios's article. I agree very much with your statement that "If the Synod of GTOC is to retain its credibility as an upholder of the True Faith, it must act against Bishop Auxentios." In my opinion, this is precisely the sort of situation that is able to show this union for what it really is, in a way that our own speculations about it from without have been unable to do. My hope, of course, is that it will be dealt with to the satisfaction of piety and the faith.

Fortunately, there does seem to be some indication that Bishop Auxentios is something of a "wild card." Voices from within the GOC-K, if not from the hierarchy itself, have been the first to make this point.

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Sage observations, both Maria AND Deacon Ephrem !

Is there any chance Bp Auxentios will be asked for a public repentance of his Cyprianite views ?
What do you expect, Fr Deacon Ephrem to occur if the GOC-K hierarchy is looking at the Bishop of Etna and Portland's statements with a leery eye ? Do you have any ideas what might take place ?

Maria, that must have been sickening to have to listen to those World Orthodox clergy's statements.
I want to return to this topic.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

Barbara wrote:

Is there any chance Bp Auxentios will be asked for a public repentance of his Cyprianite views ?
What do you expect, Fr Deacon Ephrem to occur if the GOC-K hierarchy is looking at the Bishop of Etna and Portland's statements with a leery eye ? Do you have any ideas what might take place ?

I'm afraid I'm not qualified to answer these questions. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Re: Cyprianism

The ROAC has written this Protocol that condemns Cyprianism:
http://www.roacusa.org/htdocs/SOBOR_2008_Protocols.pdf

Hasn't the RTOC has come out recently condemning Cyprianism?
Dr. Vladimir Moss of the RTOC recently wrote this paper.

Have any other jurisdictions condemned Cyprianism?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.