New priest for the RTOC and the Lesna Monastery mission

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

New priest for the RTOC and the Lesna Monastery mission

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

A new priest, Fr. Romaric d'Amico was ordained with the blessing of Archbishop Tikhon (RTOC) for the mission of the Lesna Monastery in Europe by Bishop Nektarije (Ivankovic) of Shumadija (STOC) on the monastery's feast day in honor of the Lesna Miracle-working Icon of the Most Holy Mother of God on Sunday Oct. 4th n.s. Fr. Romaric has organised a small French language parishin Paris dedicated to St. Clothilde, the first Orthodox Queen of France. The first Liturgy is scheduled for Sunday Nov. 8th. St. Clothilde's will be the mission's 6th parish.

apples 004.JPG
apples 004.JPG (142.46 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: New priest for the RTOC and the Lesna Monastery mission

Post by Jean-Serge »

I know this man :)

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Very GOOD NEWS ! Thank you for telling us, Mother Evfrosinia ! It's fabulous that you are back.

Are there any icons of St Clothilde available anywhere ? That's a fitting dedication for the parish, as she persuaded her
husband, the famous King Clovis, to convert. While well-known historically, perhaps St Clothilde is less familiar as a Saint.

Where are the other 5 missions ?

I hope your patronal Feast Day this year was a pleasant one ! I admit, I forgot all about the Lesna Icon that day, I didn't look at the calendar.
Congratulations a little late [ all the way to the Feast of Holy Protection of the Mother of God].

It's REALLY heartening that a permanent priest will be serving the Convent. Is Fr Romaric of Italian background ? Nice that Jean-Serge knows him.

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

Thank you, Barbara. Our other parish communities are in Barcelona, Spain (with a permanent priest, Fr. Grefory, and a small monastic dependancy of the Lesna monastery), Strasbourg, in France, on the German border, Guildford in Great Britain, and 2 in Germany: Loeningen, up north, and Hennef, between Bonn and Koeln. There are 2 permanent priests at the monastery right now, Fr. Igumen Evfimy (celebrating 25 years of his ordination to the priesthood today) and Fr. Artemy, and a third priest, Hieromonk Nikolay splits his time between Lesna and Moscow. Besides the parish in Paris, Fr. Romaric will be helping out here at the monastery and traveling to Guildford. He teaches full time. We are working on an icon of St. Clotilde and on a service to her.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Congratulations to Igumen Evfimy on his 25 years. May he serve there many more healthy and happy decades !

Excellent that there are already both of them serving. I thought maybe there were only occasional visits by priests.

The far flung parishes and dependencies of Lesna are impressive ! I am GLAD to hear about them. So Guildford has connected itself with Lesna and Barcelona has a small convent beginning ? I hope it will attract many nuns, if so. To which Saints are the convent [ is also to the Lesna Icon of the Mother of God ? ] and all these missions and parishes dedicated ? I am so happy to hear this.

Is the RTOC Guildford parish also dedicated to Archangel Michael like the original was ? The faction that went to the GOC under Archbishop Kallinikos ?

That is TREMENDOUS that you are working on the Icon of St Clothilde ! I think there are none so far ? And the service too. I hope that could be printed up in both French and English so that people everywhere can pray to her.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

The Parish of the RTOC in Guildford UK ist the Parish St-Michael of Vladimir Moss ?

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Yes, it is

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.