Is the Synod under Metropolitan Kirykos recognized?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Is the Synod under Metropolitan Kirykos recognized?

Post by Justice »

I heard by a Matthewite that the synod under Metropolitan Kirykos is schismatic. Is this true? Can anybody under a Mattewite Synod confirm this?

Last edited by Justice on Sat 3 June 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Is the Synod under Metropolitan Kirykos recognized?

Post by Maria »

I will be moving this into the Intra-TOC Private Forum as this topic is polemic in nature.

In Christ,
Maria
Administrator

Justice, when you have contacted a True Orthodox Priest and have officially begun as an inquirer or catechumen, then I can give you permission to view and post in the Intra-TOC Private Forum. Update: permission has been granted.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Is the Synod under Metropolitan Kirykos recognized?

Post by Maria »

Most of the True Orthodox synods are not in communion with each other. If a member of the laity or clergy transfers to another synod of the True Orthodox, then he will most likely be received by Christmation. However, the Kirykites will insist that any candidates be baptized and chrismated into the synod of Met. Kirykos as they do not recognize any other baptism but theirs. Archbishop Gregory also does not recognize any baptism but his own.

Met. Kirykos split from the Matthewites to establish his own synod a few years ago when he broke communion and went to another TOC synod asking that they consecrate new bishops with him. Now this is strange. Although Met. Kirykos was not in communion with this TOC synod (I think it was Bulgarian), he asked them to help ordain bishops so that he could establish a new synod. This was an act of schism.

Neither the Kallinikites (GOC-K), nor the GOC under Archbishop Stephanos (the continuation of the GOC under St. Matthew) recognize Met. Kirykos. Instead, they consider him to be schismatic.

I am a member of the GOC parish in Phoenix Arizona, which is under Archbishop Stephanos. My priest is Father Stephen Fraser who has a website at www.orthodox-christianity.net

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.