St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Thanks to God, we are now worshiping in our new chapel.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A)

Post by Maria »

Please do post some interior photos. Thanks.

This must be a joyous occasion for all.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

We are still working on the iconostasis and with my pending trip to Greece, I anticipate it will be the first of the year before we get that into a shape where pictures will be appropriate.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I am amazed ! That is so impressive how you have built such a nice Church in a very short time !
I particularly like that rock along the bottom. Is it actual rock, by the way ?

Though you are in Texas where snow doesn't strike too often, still, the parish is ready for any flood or emergency : nothing would be damaged were there to be a big snowdrift. I looked at that carefully ; it's a good example for anyone hoping to build a Church.

The metal roof looks so well done. Won't be any leaks there, God willing !

By the way, did you have an architect design this style ? Was there a lot of discussion amongst you as to which look the parish sought ?

I hope your upcoming trip to Greece will be spiritually profitable and happy and pleasant.
What month will that be in, December ?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

It looks spectacular! I can't wait for pictures of the interior.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

I am amazed ! That is so impressive how you have built such a nice Church in a very short time !
I particularly like that rock along the bottom. Is it actual rock, by the way ?

Yes it is local limestone.

By the way, did you have an architect design this style ? Was there a lot of discussion amongst you as to which look the parish sought ?

I did the rough design of the look we wanted. A parishioner then produced early CAD drawings of the church as a stand-alone building. For financial reasons it was necessary to combine the rectory, guest house and chapel into one building. We used a more experience drafter at that point to create the larger building while maintaining the authenticity of the church area.

I hope your upcoming trip to Greece will be spiritually profitable and happy and pleasant.
What month will that be in, December ?

I leave Thursday. I will return at the end of the month.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for taking the time to answer then !
I am sorry, I know you must be preparing to go. I will restrict my remarks to these :

That limestone really looks smart. The overall concept of the combination of purposes for the building seems a good move. That explains why the shape looks the way it does ; I was wondering a little bit.

I just saw the design etched on the glass windows of the doors. A nice contrast with the robust limestone.

Hopefully you can buy some good quality accoutrements for the Church over there. Hope you find the best deals !

Let us know when you return how you fared. Meanwhile, have a great Feast of Archangel Michael and Metropolitan Philaret of New York on the 21st.
Enjoy the Spanakopita !