ROCIE - Anthony: Who are they? What is their history?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Re: ROCIE - Anthony: Who are they? What is their history?

Post by RocaRemnant »

Suffering Orthodoxy wrote: Tue 2 January 2024 10:23 am

Justice,

I am also interested to learn of any developments on the ROCIE reaching out to other TOC synods. I am assuming they are not in communion with anyone.

How many parishes are in the US?

As far as I’m aware it’s not easy tracking him down, not too sure how many parishes he has but I know he’s based in Los Angeles. He’s not in communion with anyone

RocaRemnant
Jr Member

Post by RocaRemnant »

Returning to this topic, does anyone know anything about Vladyka Anthony? I might ask Vladyka Andronik since was close with him but I’d love someone to pop in and give any info

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

He is the Bishop of Beltsk in the current Moldovo. I must have seen once or twice when I attented the ROCIE parish in Paris from September 2004 to June 2005, I think. I ever talked with him. He speaks Russian and Romanian. What are your specific questions?

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

RocaRemnant
Jr Member

Post by RocaRemnant »

I was referring to Bishop Anthony Orlov of San Francisco, brother Jean. He’s one of the bishops who split with Archbishop Vladimir in 2006 after the repose of Metropolitan Vitaly. However now that you mention the other Bishop Anthony. I’d love to know how his synod came into being and how many bishops he has and where they are. :)