We need a proper news section

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

We need a proper news section

Post by Suaidan »

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

eish
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Re: We need a proper news section

Post by eish »

The resolution also condemns Putin’s regime for its hostility towards democracy and its negative impact on the European and global order

Nice try PACE, but I'm not joining the MP exarchate no matter how based you make them sound.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

i haven't read that item yet, but would it be possible to create a new forum or subforum for news ??
That would be GREAT ! I don't look at any regular news, so I would like to have a safe place to catch whatever is relevant.
What about it
Also, our World Orthodox forum is always the busiest ! Would it be possible to divide that up somehow ?

Eish, what is based ?

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Wed 24 April 2024 11:22 pm

Eish, what is based ?

A slang term. You know "debased" which refers to all manner of social ills. The women are debasing themselves, the currency is being debased, etc. Take the "de-" out and you get "based," meaning the opposite.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

OH ! I would NEVER have guessed that in a hundred years ! When did this expression gain currency, so to speak ? Last few years, last 5 years, 10 years ?

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Wed 24 April 2024 11:52 pm

OH ! I would NEVER have guessed that in a hundred years ! When did this expression gain currency, so to speak ? Last few years, last 5 years, 10 years ?

I think it has its origins in black American slang but became popular online over the last, oh I'd say more than a decade. Depends which subcultures you're talking about because it became popular popular faster in certain echo chambers, like image boards.

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

eish wrote: Wed 24 April 2024 2:44 pm

The resolution also condemns Putin’s regime for its hostility towards democracy and its negative impact on the European and global order

Nice try PACE, but I'm not joining the MP exarchate no matter how based you make them sound.

We need a Scooby-Doo edit of "now let's see who's really behind the mask" with the MP and it's Stalin 

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."