Prayers For Strength

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Грешник
Sr Member

Prayers For Strength

Post by Грешник »

Hi all,

It seems that there is a shortage of things to post on OC.nyet these days. I recently found out that a link to a copy of a correspondence letter with Bp. Gregory written by myself has found its way to OC.nyet for a "ROAC Bashing" session. I shall list in part the message as it was tanslated to me through a third party.

I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here. I've found yet another young man taking a correspondence course from ROAC. "His" priest is in California; he is in Arizona. Same timespan as Zollars and Reeves; same age too. What's going on here? ? ?

With the words "yet another young man taking a correspondence course from ROAC" the link indicated it was taken off of my site. This disturbs me but at the same time brings me great joy. To know that I am persecuted for the name of Christ and His Church! I could care less however, that in their undniable ignorance they think that Kansas, Canada and Arizona are all in the same time zone...

My first thought was to remove the letter from the site so that it cannot be used against me but then I realized if I hid from the world the faith that I hold especially so close to Baptism, then where is the battle that is fought for Christ against the world?! So the link stays.

I once was a member of the OC.net forum, for about a day, and then came here because the seething cauldron of anger does not appear here. Sure there are arguments and disagreements, but here there is common sense, so I stayed.

What I am getting at here is this: I am asking prayers for those who hate ROAC and persecute Her, Her priests, Her Bishop, Her Metropolitan, and all of the faithful people who follow Her to the Truth of Christ. I also want to pray for those who can not seem to help themselves when they foam at the mouth with demonic anger over the souls that Christ has saved! Christ is the Victor of our Souls if only we would allow Him to save us!

I will figt the good fight, I will run the race, I will win! I will be baptized in the ROAC, I will accept the burdens that have been laid upon me, I will take up my cross and follow Him who was Crucified for my sake. May God grant me strength and perserverance in this task that I may fulfill it to the best of my ability with the help of He Who guides me and His Most Holy Most Pure Mother the Theotokos.

God be glorified, God be praised in the lives and deaths of the most holy martyrs may I find my strength!

Juvenaly J.M.Martinka

Seraphim Reeves

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Try not to take it to heart. It's more sad than menacing. Let us pray for one another, but also for the folks over at OC.net.

Seraphim

TomS
Protoposter

Re: Prayers For Strength

Post by TomS »

Juvenaly wrote:

I will figt the good fight, I will run the race....

....I will drink the kool-aid when offered.

:roll:

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Had they any real substance then one would think they could come here and make a case. But each time I see an issue reach "critical mass", they abandon the thread.

Perhaps they are angry in the same way one can become angry when a great deal of stress overcomes you?

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

OrthodoxyOrDeath wrote:

Had they any real substance then one would think they could come here and make a case. But each time I see an issue reach "critical mass", they abandon the thread.

Perhaps they are angry in the same way one can become angry when a great deal of stress overcomes you?

Actually we just try to close threads when people start attacking each other personally. No other reason than that; if we were afraid of ROAC we wouldn't allow discussion about it at all.

anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.