Are we Russian Orthodox so arrogant ?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Are we Russian Orthodox so arrogant ?

Post by Liudmilla »

Are we Russian Orthodox so arrogant as to believe that the Christ

Cyril

Apparently some of us are

Post by Cyril »

Liudmilla, welcome!

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

How Sad!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Dear Liudmilla,

Code: Select all

That is a very sad situation. :(  It is totally unaccptable. However, I don't think the actions of this few should be reason to question the Church as a whole. 

Anyone can be brought to the fullness of the truth of Holy Orthodoxy and when they are they should be accepted as brethren, regardless of their past religious associations. When converts and cradles have conflict it is a very sad thing. 

Perhaps you should speak with the priest that is accused of these things and see what he has to say. Often there are 3 sides to a story, the perceived truth by party a, the perceived truth by party b and the actual truth. Not that I'm implying that what your acquantance is saying is 100% completely accurate. God Bless!
Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I have spoken with the priest at hand and I know his views fairly well. Unfortunately, the inherent prejudice of a people, of a person is too often difficult to overcome. The priest in question views Soviet Jews as more exceptable, stating that they are not really Jews to begin with, while someone from Isreal can only be an enemy....someone to be mistrusted and his conversion to Orthodoxy viewed with suspicion. After all what is he after?

The thing that is hardest to accept is that as a man of God, a priest is supposed to strive to put aside his prejudices. He teaches the law of God, he must therefore be a greater example to his flock. However this is not the case in this instance. I have seen personally, people of non-russian backgrounds turned away by the lack of acceptance, and lack of brotherly love.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that a priest is fallable, only human and so forth, but if you're going to preach it then you, as the priest, must show the greater effort to live what you preach.