Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Concerning Kirikos, the Holy Trinity Icon, and his schismatic faction

Post by Maria »

Justice:

The thread has naturally evolved. This is a linguistic fact documented by research, and no doubt this thread will ultimately revolve back to Monk Kirikos since the topic is iconography. I am sure that Monk Kirikos is adamantly opposed to statutes in or outside of churches.

Maria

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Two topics have been split from this thread. One is here in the Intra-TOC Private Discussions concerning the Renaissance, Statues, and Perversions, see: http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 9&start=14 and the other is in Misc. concerning Dante and Francis of Assisi. http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 37&t=12562

In Christ,
Maria
Administrator

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Be very careful about miracles. Even the devil can work them. Oh, yes, the followers of the schismatic Met. Kirikos love to tell of this so-called miracle. Then ask yourself: why did no other GOC bishop follow him into his schism.

Even if miracles are proven valid, the recipient of the miracle could fall into pride, schism, and apostasy. We should therefore not desire to experience a miracle or a vision. On the other hand, if we seek repentance and the practice of unceasing prayer, then miracles will happen. In fact, our lives will be a miracle because life itself is a miracle. I speak of the miracle of conversion, the miracle of repentance, the miracle of the Holy Mysteries, and the greatest miracles of all, the Holy Eucharist and the Resurrection of Christ.

Look at the Marian and Eucharistic miracles in the Roman Catholic Church. Can you believe them? One such miracle, where a young woman said that she caused the Virgin to bleed tears of blood, was proven to be diabolic by an exorcist who prevented her from working her miracle by the power of the Holy Cross.

Look at the miracles and story of holy angels that the recently departed and defrocked Elder Panteleimon of HTM wrote about. Would you trust him?

Look at the miracles ascribed to the Theotokos at the disbanded ROCOR Monastery of Christ in Texas. Her so-called miraculous image was said to weep miraculous myrrh. This miracle was later proven to have been faked, so that unsuspecting parents would trust their young sons into the hands of the defrocked pedophile Mr. Green who later committed suicide.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:

Look at the miracles ascribed to the Theotokos at the disbanded ROCOR Monastery of Christ in Texas. Her so-called miraculous image was said to weep miraculous myrrh. This miracle was later proven to have been faked, so that unsuspecting parents would trust their young sons into the hands of the defrocked pedophile Mr. Green who later committed suicide.

I just looked up that story. Truly horrible! :(

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Wasn't it spelled Greene ? Green didn't look familiar. I am not any expert on that tragic chapter.

Maria, what did that ungodly Fr PanteLIEmon { <= spelled that way on purpose } write about miracles with angels. Was that all part of his con to lure in decent people to Hocna ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Wasn't it spelled Greene ? Green didn't look familiar. I am not any expert on that tragic chapter.

Maria, what did that ungodly Fr PanteLIEmon { <= spelled that way on purpose } write about miracles with angels. Was that all part of his con to lure in decent people to Hocna ?

I do not want to read any of HOCNA's literature. Their literature was syrupy sweet with tales of miracles, and this would appeal to those who lack discernment. Needless to say, my suspicions about Elder Panteleimon were correct. He was a pervert who abused his own monks under color of authority.

And yes, you are correct about Greene. I did not want to search the Internet. We almost went to his monastery, but my son objected because he did not trust priests, especially Catholics, and Greene was an ex-Catholic. Lord have mercy.

In the article below, Greene admitted that the Theotokos Icon was a fake. Full article is available at http://articles.latimes.com/2007/sep/20 ... e-greene20

OBITUARIES
Samuel Greene Jr., 63; Texas monk accused of abuse
September 20, 2007|From Times Staff and Wire Reports

Samuel A. Greene Jr., the founder of a monastery in Blanco, Texas, that closed amid scandal over the alleged sexual abuse of novice monks and a fraudulent weeping Virgin Mary painting, was found dead Monday in his home on the grounds of the monastery. Greene, also known as Father Benedict, was 63.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

jdigrande wrote:

Thanks for the information. I have never considered the Ancient of Days to be the exclusively for either the Father or the Son. Joseph

You're welcome. It is a common argument made by those who instigate against images of the Father, that the Son is exclusively the Ancient of Days, and you will find them unwilling to confess that the Father is the Ancient of Days seen in the vision of Daniel 7:13. Were they to admit that Daniel saw the Father in a vision, then the rest of their arguments would fall apart.

For example, the HOCNA pamphlet published by the H.O.M.B. (Holy Orthodox Metropolis of Boston), called "The True Image of the Father," which is an apology for why they reject images of the Father:

"Some in their limited, human reasoning assumed that in the vision of the Prophet Daniel (7:9-22), the white hair of the Ancient of Days indicate that He is the Father...The vision clearly prefigures Christ at the Last Judgment, for it is He Who will sit as judge in that day. There is also in intimation of the incarnation of Christ, for a son of man was brought to the Ancient of Days, which further indentifies Him with Christ."

and...

"As we have said, it is always the Word of God, not the Father, Who speaks and appears in the Old Testament."

As one can see, this erroneous pamphlet issued by Met. Ephraim of HOCNA is not in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Fathers, who indeed identify the Father as the Ancient of Days in the vision of Daniel. St. John Chrysostom says that the Father appears in the Old Testament, but this HOCNA pamphlet asserts "it is always the Word of God, not the Father" who appears in the OT.

There are other errors in this pamphlet and many errors held by the HTM/HOCNA over the years. HOCNA errors did not begin with Met. Ephraim's "Awake Sleeper" and Imyaslavie. The Boston monastery of HTM and those with them held several strange and unorthodox teachings since at least the early 1970s.