Split from the Marriage thread: Joe Zollars

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I also believe women should wear skirts or dresses to Church, but in daily life I don't think the occasional(or perhaps often) wearing of pants should be much of an issue. I know of many traditional(ist) women who wear pants.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I know of many traditional(ist) women who wear pants.

Shhhh.. don't let the cat out of the bag, this'll just give them one more reason to call ROCOR modernist! ;)

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

I can't and don't believe what I see and are reading :o .

I am totally lost :shock: .

james

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

Why are you lost? :lol:

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

I think it would be ludicrous for us to speculate further on Joe. Of course we should continue to pray that he will join the Orthodox Church but let's not talk about his personal journey. Joe, if you had asked us for guidance I'm sure it would be given but you tend to operate in a "I've already made up my mind" style so I don't see the point in debating you, and besides you are being polite about it.

I think the topic Joe brought up--his in my opinion unhistorical assertion that the Tridentine Mass somehow is better reflecting of the Apostolic faith--deserves its own thread as it is an interesting topic.

anastasios

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

I meant to say I'm at a lost for words.

james

Joe Zollars

ok

Post by Joe Zollars »

Paradosis: well theres a lot of reasons. One, I'm not entirely sold on the fact that JPII can still canonize (he was not enthroned as Pope. Just sort of put on a different color miter) and there are vague renderings (and some not so vague renderings) of heresy in the writings of JPII. I believe Canon 218 of the 1917 Pio-Benedictine code of canon law, a heretic while maintaining church office looses the ability to confect the Sacraments and ceremonies reserved to that office. Also out of the tens of thousands of RC Saints, very few are post conciliar. And St. Pio never said the Novus Ordo "Mass".

Peter/Josh: :o trad orthodox women where pants??????thank God I'm staying put.

Luidmilla: My grandma did it with a 3 acre Garden and a 500 acre farm. So do three of my aunts (all Prots unfortunately).

Anastasios: agreed. Perhaps my words were not chosen properly. I do believe the Tridentine Mass (basically the Gregorian and Leonine Sacramentaries with propers for Saints after the year 500) is a better expression of Apostolic Faith than the Novus Ordo Mass. Of course I also think the BCP Rite I is a beter representation of Catholic Belief than the NOM, and the BCP doesn't even begin to come close. But at least Rite I doesn't denounce the Trinity as Eucharistic Prayer 4 of the NOM does.

As for comparing the Tridentine Mass vs. the Orthodox Divine Liturgy, I believe the Orthodox is inferior (although only slightly) because it is seperated from Eternal Rome (of course the NOM is also seperated from eternal Rome but on a much grander scale). However it is a proven historical fact that the ordinary of the Tridentine Mass (with the obvious exception of some of the names in the mementos) is older than any Liturgy still in use, with the single exception of the Divine Liturgy of St. James, which ties for antiquity with the Ordo of the Tridentine Mass, which is believed by many a scholar to have been composed by St. Peter himself. Of course antiquity is not the prooftext of the Liturgy.

However this is not the real issue. The issue is development. The lack thereof in the East and the false kind in the NOM. The Tridentine Mass developed over time as a matter of organic development. However the NOM was developed by 6 Protestant "Scholars" and one FreeMason posing as a RC Priest, namely Msgr. Bugnini.

Joe Zollars