Antiochian Archdiocese endorses Dr. Adnan Trabulsi

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Antiochian Archdiocese endorses Dr. Adnan Trabulsi

Post by Maria »

In a letter dated Fall 2011, Metropolitan Philip has endorsed a book by Dr. Adnan Trabulsi, Beyond Death, which presents what Met. Philip calls "a compelling case against the theory of 'Toll Houses.'"

http://constans_wright.tripod.com/officialnotolls.jpg

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Re: Antiochian Archdiocese endorses Dr. Adnan Trabulsi

Post by Priest Antonios »

"He carefully explores the recent emergence of the theory of 'Toll Houses'"

"Recent", seriously? What fantasy world did he pull that from?

-Antonios

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Has anyone actually read the book, or even seen it available anywhere, out of curiosity ?
Is it the style of that Eternal Mysteries Beyond the Grave, the classic produced by Jordanville ?
I am weighing whether to look at this or not.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Has anyone actually read the book, or even seen it available anywhere, out of curiosity ?
Is it the style of that Eternal Mysteries Beyond the Grave, the classic produced by Jordanville ?
I am weighing whether to look at this or not.

The book, from what I have heard is only published in Arabic, and has not yet been published in English.
Since it strongly condemns the existence of toll houses, it most likely would not be worth your time.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Hmm thank you.

SeraphimPM

Post by SeraphimPM »

I have recently been engaged in a conversation with a ROCOR individual who is adamant about the reality of the Toll Houses. He cites the letter, admonishing Lazar Puhalo, about his teaching in opposition to the Toll Houses and demanding he stop the teaching in opposition to it, that was sent from The ROCOR Synod. Apparently, the Synod fully agrees with this theory and cites all of The Church Fathers who refer to this idea. The list of quotations are impressive, but it feels "very Fundamentalist to me". I do not believe that this belief in the TH's has ever been a "Dogma" in the Church. I tend to be more middle of the road and am motivated by love, not fear. As a "recovering Fundamentalist", I am very familiar with this teaching and at one time I believed it to be true, primarily because I was a frequent visitor to an Ephramite Monastery where this was "absolute truth" and taught to everyone. I have looked for Dr Trabulsi's book "Beyond Death" but I have been unable to locate it anywhere. I would be very interested in reading comments from members here at The St. Euphrosynos Cafe. I await words of wisdom!