Dr. Mercola: Violent Side Effects of Antidepressants

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Dr. Mercola: Violent Side Effects of Antidepressants

Post by Maria »

Finally, some people are sounding the alarm concerning the violent side effects of antidepressants and their possible role in the increased number of deadly shootings throughout the USA. Is this happening in other countries too?

This is what Dr. Mercola is saying:

• Antidepressant-induced violence and homicide is an international problem, but it is particularly apparent in the US due to the widespread use (and misuse) of these drugs.
    31 commonly-prescribed drugs are disproportionately associated with cases of violent acts. Five of the top 10 most violence-inducing drugs are antidepressants. Commonly used ADHD drugs are also on the list. Research has found that one in every 250 subjects taking Paxil or Prozac were involved in a violent episode. In a study group of 25,000 people, this included 31 assaults and one homicide.
    ADHD drugs were responsible for nearly 23,000 emergency room visits in 2011—a more than 400% increase in ER visits due to adverse reactions to such drugs in a mere six years.
    The American Psychiatric Association recently issued a statement urging doctors and patients to reconsider the practice of using anti-psychotic medications as the first line of treatment for dementia, behavior problems, and insomnia.

For the complete story, please follow this link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... 20131003Z1

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Dr. Mercola: Violent Side Effects of Antidepressants

Post by Barbara »

Wow. I am not surprised to hear this.

It's why I always underline how ANY unnatural thing will cause destabilization of the entire mental and emotional self,
as well as of course harming the physical self.

I hope all of us are able to shift over to natural remedies for ourselves and all those we come in contact with.
It pays to look for the long-term health, rather than accept a temporary supposed lift [for example
aspirin to stop a headache ] which is insidiously working to damage our selves.

I know Stephen said on the other thread that he doesn't like the WhiteWillow herb in place of aspirin.
But for those who can tolerate it, I think this extract is very good. Best of all, though, is sleep.

I have no experience with anyone on these medicines mentioned. But I guess they are common today?

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Post by arcmode »

These drugs should not be prescribed to any one for anything ever. They are toxic compounds that create chemical imbalance in the brain and force the user into a lobotomized state and induce delusions and other symptoms of 'mental illness.' That's what Mercola should be warning people about. I'm sorry Maria, I know you like Doctor Mercola but I think he is doing limited hang outs for the Bad guys. The American Psychiatric Association is a criminal enterprise, and psychiatry has no basis in science or medicine. Doctor Mercola seems to want to apologize for them. Too many people are waking up to the complete lie that is the psychiatric system and it's billion dollar drug dealing scam and articles like this make it seem like the The American Psychiatric Association actually care about people and their health.

Consider this sentence:

The American Psychiatric Association recently issued a statement urging doctors and patients to reconsider the practice of using anti-psychotic medications as the first line of treatment for dementia, behavior problems, and insomnia.

So, they are not saying these drugs cause the mental illness they claim to treat, namely psychosis, bi-polar or depression, locking people in a cycle of iatragenic illness and drug use, they are warning not to prescribe them for other things like dementia or insomnia or whatever. This is a clever way of sounding concerned and appearing to take action to prevent abuse or wrongly prescribing drugs, but in fact they are protecting their largest revenue stream and maintaining the fiction that these are 'medicines' the 'mentally ill' need when they are in fact the cause of most mental illness.

I think this guy is very clever PR.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Having studied Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, I have to agree with you, Arcmode.

These biologically active new generation of drugs with those added halogen ions wreck havoc with our brain.

StephenS
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Not attached presently

Post by StephenS »

A problem is that anti-depressants actually change you. I do not condemn their use but it is easier to write a script for some pills than to arrange talking therapy and activity such as group walks. None of these change your personality but have a clinically proven track record. I am minded too to recall a lead consultant psychiatrist who would bluntly tell folks that anti-depressants don't work. His preferred approach was talking therapy.

As for the APA, their world famous diagnostic tool is not necessarily a collection of clinically proven syndromes according to a recent critique on the manual.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

StephenS wrote:

A problem is that anti-depressants actually change you. I do not condemn their use but it is easier to write a script for some pills than to arrange talking therapy and activity such as group walks. None of these change your personality but have a clinically proven track record. I am minded too to recall a lead consultant psychiatrist who would bluntly tell folks that anti-depressants don't work. His preferred approach was talking therapy.

As for the APA, their world famous diagnostic tool is not necessarily a collection of clinically proven syndromes according to a recent critique on the manual.

Can the public view this recent critique?

From what I have read, this new APA diagnostic tool sometimes labels right as "wrong" and wrong as "right" in their list of phobias. Even though psychologists try not to moralize, they do. It is getting to the point, with a larger manual at each new publication, that almost everyone will be diagnosed with some kind of mental illness, neurosis, or psychosis during some point in their lifespan.

StephenS
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Not attached presently

Post by StephenS »

Cracked: the unhappy truth about psychiatry by James Davis. Is available on Kindle.