Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Yarrow - great herb that repells ticks

Post by Maria »

If you live in hardiness zones 3-9, which covers the vast majority of the U.S., chances are, yarrow already grows wild somewhere in your yard or neighborhood. Its flowers are small and clustered, and can manifest in a variety of appealing colors including red, pink, yellow or the common white. But these amazing plants represent more than just eye candy, offering health-conscious folks a safe escape from pesky mosquitoes, horse flies, ticks and various other insects, all without the need to apply any poison.

To read more, please click: http://www.naturalnews.com/049979_yarro ... llent.html

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Be Informed about New Drugs

Post by Maria »

FDA Approves Potentially Disastrous Cholesterol-Lowering Drug

This despite the fact that results from a 78-week long study7,8 published in the New England Journal of Medicine in April this year, shows that alirocumab (Praluent) causes higher incidence of many of the same side effects as statins:

• 1.2 percent of patients who received both a statin and bi-weekly injections of Praluent experienced neurocognitive problems, such as memory impairment or confusion, compared to 0.5 percent of those taking a statin only
    5.4 percent of those receiving statin plus Praluent suffered myalgia (muscle pain) compared to 2.9 percent of the statin only group
    2.9 percent of the statin/Praluent group experienced eye problems, compared to 1.9 percent of the statin only group

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... 1082100951

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Barbara »

Let me go back to your previous post, Maria, and say that as with the Rhodiola Rosea, one can equally well take the tincture
of Yarrow in one's tea. That by far is the best way to absorb the FULL strength of the herb.

Related to chamomile and chrysanthemum, it's not a well-known herb in general, but a very beneficial one.
I didn't know about this anti-tick so to speak [for sounds like stopping a clock from functioning !] character of Yarrow.
I will report back later on other qualities of this plant.

I wish I DID have it growing all over my yard ! In the absence of the fresh plant, both HerbPharm and Gaia Herbs carry Yarrow tincture.

Maria
Archon

Ten ingredients to avoid in foods

Post by Maria »

Ten foods and food additives to avoid. The comments below are my thoughts after taking several upper division and graduate level college courses and having read many documents detailing the dangers of these food ingredients upon children and adults.

http://www.top10grocerysecrets.com/2015 ... entia.html

1. "Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) may cause plaque buildup in brain"

2. These AGEs are found in fried food or foods cooked at high temperatures. Carmelization, browning of foods, or the process of cooking sugar in butter, also produces AGEs.

3. "High amounts of aluminum are toxic to brain tissue"

4. What are high amounts? Does aluminum accumulate in the body? Is any amount of aluminum, such as those found in vaccines safe for infants, children, and adults?

5. "Artificial sweetener aspartame linked to neurological complications"

6. Other artificial sweeteners such as the newly promoted Splenda also have neurological complications.

7. "Fluoride increases brain decay"

8. Fluoride has an affinity for the Pineal Gland located in the brain, causing it to fossilize, and reducing our ability to concentrate and pray. Whether fluoride is found naturally or is artificially added to the waters, it is a dangerous chemical that affects our bones and brains. Basically, fluoride is a rat poison that kills humans too.

I am chemically sensitive to all halogens: bromide (added to white bread flours), iodide (found in most multi-mineral food supplements), chloride (added to our waters as a disinfectant), and fluoride (rat poison).

1. "Long-term mercury exposure linked to Alzheimer’s disease"

2. Fish from our oceans and raised in farms contain higher levels of mercury. Mercury has been found to be extremely toxic even in low levels, so mercury found in dental fillings is harmful leaving the body weak and susceptible to auto-immune disorders. Vaccines also contain mercury. It is the cumulative effect: dental filings, vaccines, eating fish, etc. that one must consider.

3. "Artificial flavoring diacetyl is junk for the brain"

4. Mostly found in popcorn butter, this additive is not used much anymore.

5. "Food preservative monosodium glutamate (MSG) accelerates cognitive decline"

6. Some people suffer from brain fog and/or flu like symptoms when exposed to MSG. To hide its presence, most processed food companies use alternative names to disguise its presence.

7. "Soy tofu may impair memory"

8. Soy is not as beneficial as once thought. For example, if one has a peanut allergy, chances are that one is allergic to soy as well as both are legumes. A common food allergy, soy can cause swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.

9. "Trans-fats shrivel brain"

10. Fried foods and certain processed foods have trans-fats that are often not disclosed. Trans-fats can cause congested liver disease, which leads to brain fog and reduced cognition.

11. "Glyphosate herbicide kills pests and brain cells"

12. Glyphosates are carcinogenic.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I was looking at Forbes re dangers of Windows and found this video.
It is called a "Promotional Video"
But I had a feeling that it may have a kernel of truth which could help any of us here or our associates.

It does explain a lot about why North Americans suffer from so many bad digestive problems [I hate that pop-talk word "issues" ! which the narrator of course uses plentifully !].

I kept waiting for this Dr Nelson from LA to get to his point. But for those who are not up on health topics, his statements must be reassuring that 'it is NOT THEIR fault" that they are suffering from uncomfortable stomachs most of the time.
I used to take these a long time ago, but it was hard to find ones with enough 'active bacteria' as they were then called.
So I gave up.
Maybe it is worth taking a new look into SOME brand, not necessarily the one Dr Nelson suggests.

The video contains a good explanation of WHY diet sodas are so bad, and Greek yogurts commercially marketed are deleterious instead of beneficial for one's health.

It also addresses WHY the faddish "gluten-free" foods are of no use in aiding digestive strength.
As well as a scientific explanation of cravings and sugar addiction. Myself, I see different factors at work.
But again, if one wants to explain to others whom one may not know well some of these basics so they can tackle their
digestive discomforts, that is likely the angle to which the average person today will relate.

http://probioticamerica.com/presentation7_2.php

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yarrow is good for those who have heart or atherosclerosis problems ; or general circulatory difficulties.
Perhaps taking a tincture of Yarrow would be a good way to fend off any such future problems BEFORE they get anywhere near one !

Maria
Archon

Vaccines: the new gateway drug

Post by Maria »

This photo says it all:

Caption - just in case this facebook image disappears (as they all do with time)

Picture of a baby with a determined unhappy face:

So you want to pump me full of mercury, aluminum, and formaldyhe

So I'll end up on Ritalin, Adderal, and Prozac?

Caption: Vaccines: The New Gateway Drug