Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

International studies link wearing tight bras with breast cancer

Post by Maria »

https://www.naturalhealth365.com/bras-c ... -2497.html

quote According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), the “internet and e-mail rumors and at least one book have suggested that bras cause breast cancer by obstructing lymph flow. There is no good scientific or clinical basis for this claim, and a 2014 study of more than 1,500 women found no association between wearing a bra and breast cancer risk.”

Singer and Grismaijer rocked the world with their groundbreaking 1991-93 U.S. Bra and Breast Cancer Study, published in their book, Dressed to Kill – which has now been confirmed by numerous international studies linking wearing tight bras with breast cancer – pointing to the role bras play in impairing the lymphatic system.[/quote]

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Preventing Falls especially with the elderly

Post by Maria »

Preventing Falls especially with the elderly

Read the entire article at http://www.post-gazette.com/aging-edge/ ... 1805210015

Some snippets:

Aging Edge: You study people’s gait as part of this. What goes wrong with it?

VanSwearingen: After people are 65, I wouldn’t be surprised if 50 percent of them have changed their walking, and at 75, maybe upward of two-thirds or three-quarters of people. I don’t know if it’s intentional, but people start to take slower steps and are more cautious. Once you lose that automaticity about walking, you put resources into something that doesn’t normally need it, and so if you happen to trip, those resources aren’t there available to help you. You actually expend a lot of energy when you contract your muscles in a cautious way.

Aging Edge: If that caution is harmful instead of helpful, how should people build up their confidence?

VanSwearingen: Get good practice where you feel safe. A treadmill is excellent, where you can hold on to something, set the pace where you want it, get comfortable when increasing the pace. It’s a good way to get the pattern up, forcing you to take steps at the appropriate time, while you can hang on and the ground’s not uneven.

Aging Edge: What about people without easy access to a treadmill?

VanSwearingen: You can clear your living room of some objects, say I’m going to walk over there, and practice taking bigger steps doing it. You can move the chairs away from your dining room table, put your hand lightly on the table and slide your hand along as you walk around the table. You’re creating a curved path for yourself, a safe place to practice. Or you can take walks with a friend who walks well, or a younger person.

Maria
Archon

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Maria »

https://www.real.video/5808193110001

Real video is now in competition with google's youtube. RV was started when Google started to ban certain videos that opposed abortion, etc.

Triumph Over Health - Medical Resources That Will Change Your Life https://www.TriumphOverHealth.com Meet Tina Buenzli and learn how she healed naturally from Stage IV Melanoma Cancer, Stage IV Endometriosis, Hoshimoto’s Autoimmune Thyroid Disease, Candida, Leaky Gut, Dental Infections, Parasites & other diseases, viruses & infections. Years of research is shared on Health Tips, Boosting the Immune System, Detoxification, Healthy Recipes, a Blog, and how to get to the root cause of disease.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh, I just saw a mention of REAL video when I went to Natural News for other subjects. Good idea. Let's hope it stays around.

Maria, that picture is SO CREEPY of the - I thought man, but then I came to the word "Mom" and gawked. Ewww.

The subject matter is informative, but that expert is terrifying to see ! At least for me.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh, I just saw a mention of REAL video when I went to Natural News for other subjects. Good idea. Let's hope it stays around.

Maria, that picture is SO CREEPY of the - I thought man, but then I came to the word "Mom" and gawked. Ewww.

The subject matter is informative, but that expert is terrifying to see ! At least for me.

Barbara,

Do not forget that this mom almost died. She was chronically misdiagnosed, which made her illnesses worse.

Whenever I have been seriously ill, I am sure that I did not look well either.

Thankfully, God looks at our heart, not at the simple clothes we wear, nor at our aging and wrinkled bodies.

Maria
Archon

Lyme disease bearing ticks now found throughout the USA

Post by Maria »

Ticks that carry Lyme disease are spreading fast

... Citizen scientists found ticks capable of transmitting Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses in dozens of places across the United States where the pests had never previously been recorded, a new study reports. All told, disease-carrying ticks were detected in 83 counties where they'd never been found before across 24 states. ...

The massive nationwide study also provides evidence that ticks are born carrying infectious diseases, rather than picking germs up from the animals upon which they feed, said Wendy Adams, research grant director for the Bay Area Lyme Foundation, in California.

All life stages of the most commonly encountered ticks -- the deer tick, the western black-legged tick and the lone star tick -- carried the bacteria that causes Lyme disease, Adams said. ...

Reference: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ticks-that ... ding-fast/

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Nuts. I did not realize they were born with it.