Tea Time - Share your favorite teas and bisquits

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Tea Time - Share your favorite teas and bisquits

Post by Maria »

I have just discovered a tea drunk in the Philippines and in Mexico. Kids like it, so it cannot be bad tasting. I am cooking this tea now on my stove, and the entire kitchen has a wonderful sweet floral smell. Now to taste this tea. My mouth is watering in anticipation.

Avocado Leaf Tea

• 1. Gather fresh avocado leaves from your backyard or your neighbor. With this demonstration I got some leaves from my herbalist neighbor.

1. Clean around 7 big leaves under running water with your bare hands to wash off any dirt. You can use a toothbrush to be more thorough.

2. Put in pot and add at least 1.5 liters to 2 liters of filtered, reverse osmosis water or distilled water. Do not use tap water or mineral water.

3. Allow to boil for 10 to 15 minutes.

4. Allow to cool to taste.

5. Drink up and enjoy the whole day. Or for cleansing purposes, drink first thing in the morning and drink the last thing at night. Drink at least 1 liter at night. Of course you will be peeing but that is the idea.

http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protoco ... cleansing/

Below, I will start an alphabetical index so that you can always find your favorite teas.

Code: Select all

[b]Avocado Leaf Tea[/b] - http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/posting.php?mode=edit&f=6&p=62654

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Tea Time - Share your favorite teas and bisquits

Post by Barbara »

I don't have any biscuits to offer, as I don't ever eat them, but here is a tea which rhymes :
Hibiscus ! Someone might do well to offer Hibiscus Tea and Biscuits !

Seriously, i was sent a kind of hibiscus tea grown in Central America which is solar-dried.
I haven't tried it yet but it looks promising. I like the solar-dried quality of it, and hibiscus sounds
nearly as exotic as Avocado Leaf Tea !

That sounds intriguing, really. What did your batch taste like Maria ? Did it taste same or better than
its delightful aroma while brewing ?

I don't think I have ever seen an avocado leaf, much as I like avocados...1

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

I don't have any biscuits to offer, as I don't ever eat them, but here is a tea which rhymes :
Hibiscus ! Someone might do well to offer Hibiscus Tea and Biscuits !

Seriously, i was sent a kind of hibiscus tea grown in Central America which is solar-dried.
I haven't tried it yet but it looks promising. I like the solar-dried quality of it, and hibiscus sounds
nearly as exotic as Avocado Leaf Tea !

That sounds intriguing, really. What did your batch taste like Maria ? Did it taste same or better than
its delightful aroma while brewing ?

I don't think I have ever seen an avocado leaf, much as I like avocados...1

The Avocado Leaf Tea tastes like tea because it has tanins in it like regular tea, but it has a delicate floral taste. If someone had poured me a cup of it without telling me what it was, I would have thought it was perhaps a Jasmine tea, but even better.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Does the Avocado Leaf tea have caffeine, then, if it has tannins, Maria ?

I would love to try it, especially after reading your description of tasting like Jasmine Tea. I LOVE that type, I mean authentic Jasmine tea from Central Asia/ Western China.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Here is the best I could find as far as internet info goes on the Hibiscus.
This is the name of the company, which is in Fairfax, so a local Bay Area concern. [Fairfax is out in Marin up Sir Francis Drake Blvd.]

http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-siguanaba-company-fairfax

A couple of reviews of the 2 types of Hibiscus. Plain and Lime [I have to try that latter.]

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Here is a way to clean your house and have time for tea:

http://www.viralnova.com/house-cleaning-hacks/

Quite clever. If I use the toaster, and I rarely do, and I burn some toast, then I grab a sprig of mint from the garden and put that into the toaster. The air clears up immediately.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Time for some more avocado leaf tea. Anyone want to join me?