Upside down rainbows and other unusual sights

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Upside down rainbows and other unusual sights

Post by Maria »

Geoengineering can also create iridescent cloud formations as this picture from Mexico on March 25 shows:

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/mysteri ... od-friday/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

March 25 was the Feast of Annunciation on the Catholic Church calendar as well as Good Friday this year. Perhaps this was meant to 'awe' those south of the border who follow the Western Calendar with a remarkable display like this ? Again, better to be out of the mainstream and not be the target of such attempts... am I correctly interpreting this geoengineering feat as some sort of interference or attempt to manipulate ? I didn't read the article yet.

That iridescence is certainly pretty, I must add.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

March 25 was the Feast of Annunciation on the Catholic Church calendar as well as Good Friday this year. Perhaps this was meant to 'awe' those south of the border who follow the Western Calendar with a remarkable display like this ? Again, better to be out of the mainstream and not be the target of such attempts... am I correctly interpreting this geoengineering feat as some sort of interference or attempt to manipulate ? I didn't read the article yet.

That iridescence is certainly pretty, I must add.

If geoengineering can accomplish feats like auroras and iridescent cloud formations, then they might be able to stimulate a brilliant Cross in the sky and fool people into believing that the Anti-Christ has "come in glory."

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

YES ! I was starting to think in that direction, too, but hadn't gotten this far with it. That sounds so likely to create a fake Cross to ooh and awe the gullible. They would plaster this 'news' all over the headlines for days until people in the farthest corners of earth would have heard about it, since 'they' have that capability to project their substitutes for 'news' anywhere they want, and influence all the minds of the sheep-like thinkers who are often lukewarm in their faith. Thus not discerning to detect the colossal fraud. Good idea, Maria !

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Below is a magnificent shot of a lenticular cloud formation, which has been copied from www.spaceweather.com, a site run by Dr. Tony Phillip of NASA.

UFO-SHAPED CLOUDS: On the evening of June 9th, a spectacular array of UFO-shaped clouds appeared above California's Eastern Sierra mountain range. The display was a sensation on social media as people in nearby valleys began posting pictures of the sunset-colored armada. One photographer, unlike the others, was in the mountains; ultrarunner Jeff Kozak of Bishop CA captured this edge-on view from 11,100 feet:

"I was topping out on Morgan Pass at sunset when I looked south to see what I thought was The Mothership hovering over Mt Tom!" says Kozak.

In fact, it was a lenticular cloud. Lenticular clouds form downwind of mountain ranges where the air organizes itself into starship-sized waves. Although they appear stationary, moist air is constantly moving through them, condensing at the apex of the wave. Wind sculpts the clouds into giant saucers and voilà--spaceships in the sky.

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php ... &year=2016

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That is truly amazing.
I personally would NEVER see a spaceship in that formation ! How brainwashed people are to tune in with UFO's when this is just a beautiful color array and cloud arrangement.

The nearest one might compare the pretty picture with would be some kind of sorbet. That is still trite.
Why not give the credit to God for creating these heavenly arrays to uplift the souls of the viewers ?

If this were a few hundred years ago, one would hear such different observations, attributing the sight to Heaven's help to humanity. Don't you think, everybody ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

A flying jellyfish!

Forgot to add: SCROLL DOWN:

"A large jellyfish sprite appeared over a thunderstorm in the western Oklahoma panhandle last evening," says Ashcraft. "It was about three hundred miles away from my observatory." ...

Possibly triggered by cosmic rays, sprites are a form of upper atmospheric that reach up from the tops of thunderstorms toward the edge of space. Although sprites have been seen for at least a century, most scientists did not believe they existed until after 1989 when sprites were photographed by cameras onboard the space shuttle.

The "jellyfish sprite" Ashcraft captured is backlit by a band of green airglow. Airglow surrounds our entire planet, fringing the top of the atmosphere with aurora-like color. Although airglow resembles the aurora borealis, its underlying physics is different. Airglow is caused by an assortment of chemical reactions in the upper atmosphere. Auroras, on the other hand, are ignited by gusts of solar wind.

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php ... &year=2016