HOCNA & Makarian Synod = Sisters in Name-Worshiping

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

HOCNA & Makarian Synod = Sisters in Name-Worshiping

Post by Maria »

Here is an email recently received from Fr. Panagiotes Carras' email group.

• The Makarian Synod of Greece is no stranger to bizarre events but the recent actions of this dysfunctional group shows just how far they are willing to go to further their ambitions.

This “Synod” was formed in 1995 by a rebellious faction of six bishops formed within the Synod of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece, under Archbishop Chrysostomos. They formed their own “Synod” just before their leader Metropolitan Euthymios (Orphanos) of Thessaloniki was about to be defrocked because of moral infractions.

The six Hierarchs who left the Synod were Euthymios of Thessaloniki, Kallinikos of Lamia, Stefanos of Chios, Ioustinos of Evripos, Vikentios of Avlona and Paisios of America. The group was commonly known as the Lamian Synod .

These six hierarchs were defrocked on July 12/25, 1995 because of their schism from the Holy Synod. Euthymios of Thessaloniki was found guilty of immoral acts on 13/26 July, 1995 and was ordered to be confined to the Monastery of St. Iakovos, the Brother of the Lord and not to receive Holy Communion for 15 years.

By early 1996, the movement had fragmented into three groups. The first group, Stefanos of Chios and Ioustinos of Evripos, repented their schismatic actions and were reconciled with the Holy Synod of Archbishop Chrysostomos. The second group, Paisios of America and Vikentios of Avlona, renounced the Faith and submitted to the Ecumenical Patiarchate. Later they became fugitives from American justice. The third group was made up of Euthymios of Thessaloniki, and Kallinikos of Lamia.

In 1996, Kallinikos of Lamia and Euthymios of Thessaloniki proceeded to ordain five titular bishops in an attempt to create a new synod. In 2004, this “synod” finally decided to elect a primate, and elected Makarios (Kavakides) of Athens. A good deal of their membership was then lost, as many realized what really motivated the schism and returned to the Holy Synod of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece.

Many of the newly ordained hierarchs realized the true nature of the Makarian Synod and abandoned them. As of last month there were only three bishops left.

Old Synod

In an act of desperation these three bishops elected eight new hierarchs and ordained them in the space of twelve days.

New Synod

Two HOCNA/Boston bishops took part in these ordinations and once more showed their contempt for Church order.

Please see this thread for the history of the HOCNA and Makarian Synod union.
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 12&t=10064

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Strange Events Happening within the Makarian-HOCNA Synod

Post by Maria »

Has this Makarian-HOCNA Synod joined forces with the Russian Name-Worshipers since HOCNA has churches in Russia?

Maria
Archon

Re: The Makarian-HOCNA Synod and the Name-Worshiping Heresy

Post by Maria »

HOCNA has continued publishing their newsletter: The Faithful Steward
In it, not surprisingly, they have two articles promoting the Name Worshiping Heresy.
They also announced that Hieromonk Samuel who recently left ROCOR to join HOCNA was one of the presenters at their 2013 Clergy Synaxis.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzJKrDV ... ZzWHM/edit

Barbara wrote:

Maria :
Does the article say where Hieromonk Samuel was stationed, so to speak, when he was in Rocor ?
I am sorry, I didn't really want to look at the link.
Is any more information given, such as why he left Rocor ? He sounds like an American convert ?

The HOCNA site did not give any more information about Hieromonk Samuel, but I would not be surprised if they were to make him one of their new bishops.

Last edited by Maria on Sat 17 May 2014 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: This post with the communication between Barbara and myself was moved from World Orthodoxy, where it did not belong. Please forgive.

Alexander Kuzmin

Father Samuel

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Hierodeacon Samuel lived in Jordanville and in Munich at the monastery of Bishop Mark. He is a very good translator from Russian (and other languages) and he was a teacher of dogmatic in Jordanville as far as I know. He is not a convert, he was born in a Russian Orthodox family in the USA. Below is his picture as a child, and now he is about 35 years old and he has a big red beard now :-)

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Ah, I spotted a picture of the big guy with the red beard, Hierodeacon Samuel, who is on the bottom left side on page 11.

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 178#p62178

We must pray that he awakes from following the Awake Sleepers and Name-Worshipers.

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Who are Awake Sleepers?

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

Who are Awake Sleepers?

It's a teaching promoted by Metropolitan Ephraim of HOCNA which says that souls have the opportunity to repent and accept Orthodoxy after death.