Announcement from the Chancellery of the RTOC Synod

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Announcement from the Chancellery of the RTOC Synod

Post by Priest Siluan »

Announcement from the Chancellery of Synod of Bishops

At the Bishops’ Conference, which took place on 06/19 until 07/20 in June of this year, with the participation of Archbishop Tikhon of Omsk and Siberia,President of the Synod of Bishops of the RTOC, Archbishop Benjamin of Chernomorsk and Kuban, Vice-Chairman of the Synod, and Bishop Stefan, of Trenton and North America, and which was held at the Cathedral of the Holy Resurrection in the City of Worcester, MA, USA, the Synodal Podvorie of the RTOC in North America, and after interviews and careful study of the petitions and personal documents submitted by certain clergy of the True Orthodox Church of Greece, having determined their motives to come under the temporary omophor of the Synod of Bishops of the RTOC, in terms of their confession of Faith, and until the restoration of the hierarchy of the True Orthodox Church of Greece, a decision was made regarding the acceptance of said petition of the Greek clergy.

In fulfillment of this decision, on 08/21 of June of this year, during the Divine Liturgy in the Cathedral of the Holy Resurrection, in the City of Worcester, MA, USA(the Synodal Podvorie in North America), the following clergy were received under the omophor of the RTOC:

1. Archimandrite Philaretos (Klimatikis), Athens, Greece
  2. Archpriest Sotirios Prasinos, Rhodes,Greece
  3. Priest Savvas Pizanios, Sydney,Australia

Divine Liturgy was celebrated by Archbishop Tikhon of Omsk and Siberia, along with Archbishop Benjamin of Chernomorsk and Kuban, and clergy from Russia, North America, Greece and Australia.

In this manner, the Synod of the RTOC has made a step in the restoration of the True Orthodox Church of Greece, of which the current hierarchy has departed from the unadulterated confession of Faith following its union with the Greek Synod in Resistance on March 10/23, 2014.

Protopresbyter Victor Melehov, Secretary
Synod of Bishops
Russian True Orthodox Church

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Announcement from the Chancellery of the RTOC Synod

Post by Maria »

Avoiding polemics, I will only mention that Archimandrite Philaretos (Klimatikis) of Athens, Greece, was formerly with ROAC.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Yes, he joined ROAC after the 2014 union between GOC-K and Synod in Resistance.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you for posting this pleasant news, Fr Siluan.
Congratulations to the 3 new clergymen !

PS - I hope Archimandrite Philaretos will be consecrated a Bishop soon, God willing.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

Jean-Serge wrote:

Yes, he joined ROAC after the 2014 union between GOC-K and Synod in Resistance.

This is incorrect. He joined ROAC about five years ago.

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

A new thread has been started to continue this discussion in the private forum at
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 30&t=11413

If you do not have access to the Intra-TOC Polemics forum, and would like access, please PM me.

Thank you,
Maria
Admin

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.