Putin initiates law against anti-Semitic Biblical commentary

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Putin initiates law against anti-Semitic Biblical commentary

Post by Maria »

This just shows that Putin is part of the New World Order.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Barbara wrote:

still, Benedict could have excused himself. He could have easily invented any reason under the sun to cancel

Why invent a cowardly excuse? He could simply have said, let's meet in a neutral location anytime and have a polite and kind exchange of ideas and positions and try to understand each other. However, I cannot attend your services in the Synagogue, for like you, my religion [the Holy Canons] forbid me to enter a synagogue, and even more so, from attending a service of religious worship.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Maria wrote:

This just shows that Putin is part of the New World Order.

I keep trying to tell that to some of my Orthodox friends who keep reiterating how much Putin is a defender of Orthodoxy, law and order, and morality. But they don't listen.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes to both of Matthew's posts.
Do you mean to say that the jewish religion forbids the Pope from entering their places of worship ?

That was a powerful statement you made. Of course, that is how the Pope should have handled it.
I bet no one even dared suggest it, which shows how to what lows things have sunk in Rome over 2,000 years, even. The Pope being the Pontifex Maximus, the old title of the Roman Emperors, one can never imagine them sinking to such low standards as to placate a tiny percentage of their subjects by visiting the premises of their place of ceremonies. That would have been unthinkable.

It shows how much the Vatican has weakened and is beholden to such forces.

As far as the New World Order nature of Putin's laws and reforms, it's true he has done some things. But overall, his changes lack teeth, I think, to give Orthodoxy in the RF its former strength [and go beyond its prevolutionary levels, which he has the power to do in theory] Why would he have to cater to the Chabad Lubovitch [ I remembered that second name after I signed out ] They are supposed to be incredibly powerful, though few have heard of that group.
If Putin is super-zillionaire as he is depicted, why would he bow to anyone ?

A book I read recently said - without providing any evidence - that Putin is the world's wealthiest man.
If that assertion is even NEAR true, he should be pulling the strings himself, rather than being operated by sinister shadowy forces like Chabad.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

To answer the first question, the pope is subject to the same apostolic laws as any other bishop in the Church, especially when it comes to worshipping with heretics. Of course, like every good ecumenist, the don't consider themselves subject to laws they consider to be vastly outdated, backward, and based on fear and gross ignorance. Rather they are subject to -- or by rights empowered by -- the law of liberty that they enjoy as superior and enlightened minds who are no more obligated to follow canon law as would someone be obligated to rape or murder if ordered to do so by a common thug with a gun. So, the Pope and all ecumenists live in an entirely different moral and spiritual universe than faithful and traditional Orthodox Christians.

About the second point, I really know nothing about Putin's financial situation. So I have nothing to say about that.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Barbara wrote:

Yes to both of Matthew's posts.
Do you mean to say that the jewish religion forbids the Pope from entering their places of worship ?

That was a powerful statement you made. Of course, that is how the Pope should have handled it.
I bet no one even dared suggest it, which shows how to what lows things have sunk in Rome over 2,000 years, even. The Pope being the Pontifex Maximus, the old title of the Roman Emperors, one can never imagine them sinking to such low standards as to placate a tiny percentage of their subjects by visiting the premises of their place of ceremonies. That would have been unthinkable.

It shows how much the Vatican has weakened and is beholden to such forces.

As far as the New World Order nature of Putin's laws and reforms, it's true he has done some things. But overall, his changes lack teeth, I think, to give Orthodoxy in the RF its former strength [and go beyond its prevolutionary levels, which he has the power to do in theory] Why would he have to cater to the Chabad Lubovitch [ I remembered that second name after I signed out ] They are supposed to be incredibly powerful, though few have heard of that group.
If Putin is super-zillionaire as he is depicted, why would he bow to anyone ?

A book I read recently said - without providing any evidence - that Putin is the world's wealthiest man.
If that assertion is even NEAR true, he should be pulling the strings himself, rather than being operated by sinister shadowy forces like Chabad.

I reciently came across news about trump and putin in a connection to chabad lubavitch , is this the groups web page chabad .org ?

Also this brother nathanel very much defends putin , as much of his anti Zionist videos he puts out surely is aware of putins involvement it this group.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Orthodox in michigan wrote:

I reciently came across news about trump and putin in a connection to chabad lubavitch , is this the groups web page chabad .org ?

Also this brother nathanel very much defends putin , as much of his anti Zionist videos he puts out surely is aware of putins involvement it this group.

Since Brother Nathanael is part of the ROCOR-MP, if he wants to stay within that MP world orthodox synod, he must not oppose Putin or he will undoubtedly face certain consequences.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.