Synod of the Patristic Calendar of the Church of Hellas (GOC-A)

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Synod of the Patristic Calendar of the Church of Hellas (GOC-A)

Post by Suaidan »

If I recall correctly, it's because he saw the Lamian Synod as "in resistance" to the GOC-K until they decided to elect another Archbishop of Athens, which he saw as counterproductive. So he asked Metr Evloghios to help consecrate Bishops so his communities would continue to have episcopal support until the conflicts were resolved.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Justice wrote: Sat 16 September 2017 8:22 pm

Also the GOC-A is in communion with Metropolitan Rafail of Moscow. I don't believe the GOC-A has ever been in dialogue with Metropolitan John's synod.

This is... quite wrong. We maintained communion with Avlona after Metropolitan Evloghios fell and self-destructed the Milan Synod.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

It's a good discussion here ! It's great that Euphrosynos Cafe has returned.

Where has Bishop Irineos gone ? Should someone contact him and invite him to return ? He may not even know that the site is active again.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Makarios of Athens was elected Archbishop of Athens by the Lamian synod in 2004. (source : https://genuineoc.blogspot.com/2022/12/ ... arios.html)
It seems that Anghelos of Avlona left them in January 2007 (https://nftu.net/milan-synod-makes-new- ... ios-synod/)

It does not tell why he left the Lamian synod, but I am not sure that this was due to the election of Makarios as archbishop of Athens, because there is a 3-year gap between both events.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Priest Antonios
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

I can reach out to His Eminence. If nothing else, I hope to see him in a few weeks, God willing.

Barbara wrote: Mon 26 February 2024 10:59 pm

It's a good discussion here ! It's great that Euphrosynos Cafe has returned.

Where has Bishop Irineos gone ? Should someone contact him and invite him to return ? He may not even know that the site is active again.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Jean-Serge wrote: Tue 27 February 2024 11:25 am

Makarios of Athens was elected Archbishop of Athens by the Lamian synod in 2004. (source : https://genuineoc.blogspot.com/2022/12/ ... arios.html)
It seems that Anghelos of Avlona left them in January 2007 (https://nftu.net/milan-synod-makes-new- ... ios-synod/)

It does not tell why he left the Lamian synod, but I am not sure that this was due to the election of Makarios as archbishop of Athens, because there is a 3-year gap between both events.

He separated before making Bishops with Metropolitan Evloghios. Despite the common assumption that everyone who breaks off wants to make a new Synod, I believe he did it for principled reasons, which is why there is still no Archbishop of Athens on their part now.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

A priori, a bishop who leaves his synod is culprit of creating a parasynagog. So such reason should be expressed explicitely and publicly so that everybody can check them.

Ordaining bishops with the synod of Milan who had been in world orthodoxy as a branch or the Ukrainian Autocephalus Church in the 90s is also a topic of discussion and requires explanations.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.