AB Seraphim Sobolev to be canonized by the MP?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

AB Seraphim Sobolev to be canonized by the MP?

Post by Maria »

Catholic World News
Russian Orthodox bishops emphasize that doctrine cannot be changed

February 09, 2016

In a statement concluding a recent two-day meeting in Moscow, the bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church emphasized the immutability of doctrine.

The bishops cited Archbishop Seraphim Sobolev (1881-1950), whom they canonized, stating that he emphasized the necessity to zealously preserve the Orthodox faith: “an important characteristic of the Church is immutability in her dogmatic and moral and canonical teaching which comes from God Himself, Our Lord Jesus Christ … It is this immutability of the teaching of the Orthodox Church which has preserved the apostolic faith in all its purity that distinguishes her from all other Christian confessions.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/hea ... .org%29%29

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: AB Seraphim Sobolev to be canonized by the MP?

Post by Maria »

Here are other articles:

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/print89255.htm

Moscow, December 25, 2015

On December 24, 2015, Chairman of the Department for External Church Relations (DECR) Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk informed the members of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church about the meeting of the Joint Commission of the Bulgarian and Russian Orthodox Churches on the Canonization of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev) of Boguchar (1881-1950) which was held on December 3-4 in Sofia. Archbishop Seraphim is a hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church who many years lived in Bulgaria and is widely venerated by Bulgarian Orthodox believers. ...

The reports from the Bulgarian side on the national veneration of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev) of Boguslav in Bulgaria were heard, the documentary evidence of the numerous miracles that occurred through the prayers of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev) were considered along with his theological works. After the Sofia meeting its participants stated that there were no obstacles for canonization of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev) of Boguchar. ...

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

https://mospat.ru/en/2015/12/05/news125691/

On 3-4 December 2015, the joint commission of the Russian and the Bulgarian Orthodox Churches on the canonization of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev, 1881-1950) of Boguchar held its session in Sofia. Archbishop Seraphim, a hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church, who lived for a long time in Bulgaria and died there, is widely venerated by the Bulgarian Orthodox Christians.

The commission was established in compliance with the decisions of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church of 22 October 2015, and of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church of 25 September 2015. Representing the Russian Orthodox Church at the meeting were Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate; Bishop Pankratiy of Troitsk, chairman of the Synodal Commission for Canonization; Archimandrite Philip (Vasiltsev), rector of the Russian Orthodox Church’s Metochion in Sofia; archpriest Vladimir Vorobyov, dean of St Tikhon’s Orthodox University; archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations; and Mr. Andrei Kostryukov, a senior lecture at St Tikhon’s University ....

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

http://www.pravmir.com/brief-spiritual- ... -children/

Spiritual instructions from AB Seraphim

On Following God’s Will

Every person is the craftsman of his own happiness, and it depends on the person himself whether he will be saved. Without the voluntary efforts of his own will, man cannot enter Paradise.

Always do everything according to your conscience!

Strive never to offend anyone. Never grow angry. Never teach. When something happens against your will, say: “Glory to God! Glory to God!” One needs to restrain oneself. ...

On the Battle with Sin

Steep and thorny is the path that leads to the Heavenly Kingdom. What is your path? It is the struggle unto blood against fleshly passions and self-love. Self-love is the soil upon which grow passions, emptiness of life, and sorrow. ...

See the link above for more.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Bulgarian Church and people are looking forward to canonization of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev), Archpriest Vladimir Vorobiev says

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/90265.html

Archbishop Seraphim in Bulgaria ordained his spiritual child, the future Archpriest Vsevolod Shpiller, a priest. Later Fr. Vsevolod became Rector of the Moscow Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Kuznetsy and spiritual father of Archpriest Vladimir Vorobiev, who is now the rector of this church and has been rector of the Orthodox St. Tikhon’s University of Humanities since its establishment. We asked Fr. Vladimir to say a few words on Archbishop Seraphim.

“Right after his repose on February 26, 1950, Archbishop Seraphim was buried in the crypt of the Russian embassy Church of St. Nicholas where he served. In his lifetime the hierarch used to say, “Write me your requests and I will pray for you”. A big urn stands in the crypt near this grave, and in front of the entrance to the apse where the tomb is located there is a room in which people make their intercession lists on specially installed tables and then drop them in the urn. For the past 66 years, a great many miracles have occurred through the prayers and petitions of the faithful. Many of these miracles have been testified to. The testimony is very diverse, from common folk and clergy alike, and there is much documentary evidence from hospitals confirming the cases of healing miracles. ..

See the link above to read the entire article.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't know if the link below is from the ROCOR-MP or the ROCOR-A.

"Defender of Orthodoxy Archbishop Seraphim Sobolev"

From my mother's womb
Thou art my Protector (Ps. 70:6).

The age-old enemy of our salvation, as if sensing in advance what a powerful and implacable adversary he would have in the person of Vladika Seraphim, tried to destroy him while still in his mother's womb. She had an extremely difficult and painful labor, and the doctors determined it would be necessary to operate-to extract the infant piece by piece in order to save the mother's life. At this moment she regained consciousness and, on learning of the doctor's decision, with an oath forbade her husband to permit the murder of her child. The next morning, at the first stroke of the church bell on December 1, 1881, she successfully gave birth without any outside help. When she saw the baby, she exclaimed, "Oh, what a serious mukhtar!" The infant was named Nicholas in honor of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, but his family sometimes called him "mukhtar," an apparently senseless word which he disliked terribly. Years later, Bishop Nestor of Manchuria visited Vladika Seraphim in Sofia. He presented him with a book of his memoirs, in which, in the chapter about his visit to Jerusalem, it said that the word mukhtar means "bishop" in Arabic. And so, not realizing it herself, his mother had foretold the destiny of her newborn child. ...

To read the entire (lengthy) article, please click:
http://www.roca.org/OA/132/132f.htm

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Seraphim Sobolev was a traitor of faith, a fanatic Sergianiste, formerly a ROCOR man.