Clothing store forced to repeal evil feminist advertising

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Clothing store forced to repeal evil feminist advertising

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, Maria, for your patience with me !
I am going to have to round up all 3 of your recent explanations and keep them handy so I have them ready when I need to employ these techniques.

But why is this emoticon marked "Shocked" shown with a long black strip extending to the 'ground' ? I can see the eyes look shocked but what on earth is the face resting on ? One can tell I am not active on the internet.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Thanks, Maria, for your patience with me !
I am going to have to round up all 3 of your recent explanations and keep them handy so I have them ready when I need to employ these techniques.

But why is this emoticon marked "Shocked" shown with a long black strip extending to the 'ground' ? I can see the eyes look shocked but what on earth is the face resting on ? One can tell I am not active on the internet.

The shocked emoticon is showing a person's jaw dropping to the floor.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh ! Now i recognize that expression from seeing it on the internet a little. Otherwise I would never have HEARD of that ! No wonder I didn't get what was being illustrated in the emoticon. I thought it looked almost sinister all this time !

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, too, for mentioning how to do that from the Quick Reply window. I never noticed the "Full Editor & Preview" until you mentioned that. I only saw "Submit" because it's in bold.