Fr Joachim Parr the FRAUD [ Russian language video ]

Ваше место для того чтобы обсудить темы в украинском, белорусском, Сербе и русском.
Barbara
Protoposter

Fr Joachim Parr the FRAUD [ Russian language video ]

Post by Barbara »

Video released earlier this year by "MercyHouseAbuse" in Russian.

This jurisdiction-jumper, since the early 2000s in the Moscow Patriarchate, received apparently widespread acclaim in the Russian-ophone world.

Russian-speakers will hear more detail than in the shorter English version in this nearly hour-long video :

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Fr Joachim Parr the FRAUD [ Russian language video ]

Post by Barbara »

The topic of this video is "Missionaries From San Francisco". After repeating the English version of the Fr Parr expose, this video takes a close look at the Holy Order of MANS. Even English speakers can read the English writing on the pages of a book or two analyzing the rise of this 'cult'. I had never seen any of this material. There are many photos of Holy Order of MANS members and group activities or rituals.

What is not clear to me, though, not understanding the narration in Russian, is HOW Fr Joachim Parr is related to Holy Order of MANS. Why is it that this entire section is kept out of the English version ??

I could deduce that the footage of Fr Parr outlining to an audience in Russia his Grand Plan for evangelization of any city by the laity hints or says that in this, Fr Parr was copying the Holy Order of MANS' model for missionary work.

Was Fr Parr in the Holy Order for a time ? Or had some association with it ? After all, the Holy Order of MANS sprung up in the Bay Area where Parr grew up. Why did the young John Parr quit his teaching job at Salesian High School and suddenly take off for New York City ? That seems odd. No reason was advanced for this abrupt change in the English language video which outlines Parr's history. Did he go to be a Holy Order of MANS missionary at the homeless shelter in Harlem where the MercyHouse website says he started working for a few years in the early 1980s ?

This is hazarding a guess. Any Russian speakers seeing the video, please clarify.

Suffering Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Post by Suffering Orthodoxy »

Barbara,

I also don't understand how the HOOM/CSB connection to Joachim Parr is related. Perhaps a Russian speaker can elaborate. I am especially interested in the last section of the defrocked priest Fr Paisius Delucia.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oops i guess i didn't post that reply correctly.
Let me summarize what i wrote.

Was Fr Paisius DeLucia from the St Herman Brotherhood at some point in time ?
Do you know anything about him, Suffering Orthodoxy, besides the fact that he was defrocked ? When did this occur, do you have any idea ?

What about Fr Joachim himself ? I had recently searched for any updates about this controversial character. But there seemed to be zero new. Was he possibly defrocked, hence you wrote just Joachim ?

The video seems to be oriented toward turning all Russian speakers AGAINST the Holy Order of Mans. I remember still from the only time I watched it that it was unduly harsh from any point of view. The members were well meaning, not breathing fire or doing incantations. They should not have been depicted as brainwashed zombies

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

P.S. to the above : sorry, i realized after i wrote that, that of course this person was defrocked. It's been too long : I had forgotten the full story.
I do plan to look at the longer version of the video./color]