"Jews for Judaism" and my Objections

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

"Jews for Judaism" and my Objections

Post by Justice »

In case you haven't heard of these guys there a group of Orthodox Jews that try desperately to denounce the Christian scriptures (mostly Jews for Jesus) and to prove their own. Here are my objections to some of their claims.

1. They claim that the modern Jewish form of worship is the correct one: as we all know True Judaism relied on the relied on the temple for sacrifices, but when it was destroyed they invented this new ways of worship to continue to deny Jesus Christ.

2. They claim that the Church has lost its roots: this one really bothers me because if they even bothered to look at how we preserved our Jewish roots they would maybe see it differently but of course they focus on "Jews for Jesus".

3. They claim that their "Messiah" will fulfill the criteria: they get this from the Babylonian Talmud which adds on a bunch of rules to again try to disprove Jesus Christ.

Basicly, I find "Jews for Judaism" a movement to lead people away from the truth in Christ I also hope I didn't sound to much like Nathaniel Kapner. :mrgreen:

fschmidt
Faith: Old Testament

Re: "Jews for Judaism" and my Objections

Post by fschmidt »

I am also jewish and spent some time in Orthodox synagogue. The temple sacrifices mentioned in the Torah were never meant to be permanent, so I have to disagree with you there. But I agree with the rest. The Talmud is a real mess and is inconsistent with the Old Testament.

I am not Christian myself but I appreciate belief systems that make sense and are logically consistent. True Orthodox Christianity is such a system. In fact it is the only sensible Western religion currently practiced that I am aware of. I have also spent time attending Greek Orthodox church and they are not consistent. They are willing to compromise their Christianity to conform to modern culture. Here is a nice video that discusses some of the issues:

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Thank you for the video fschmidt, also about the first question even though the temple sacrifices may have not been permanent it still doesn't justify why they say the modern Jewish worship is the correct one they invented it!

fschmidt
Faith: Old Testament

Post by fschmidt »

Justice wrote:

also about the first question even though the temple sacrifices may have not been permanent it still doesn't justify why they say the modern Jewish worship is the correct one they invented it!

I agree.