Leaving the GOC-K

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Leaving the GOC-K

Post by Justice »

Because Im worried about the statements of Bishop Auxentios on his website defending Cyprianism,although Im leaving the GOC-K the problem with that is there's no other TOC around in my area. The closest TOC to me is in St Louis, it's an ROCIE parish though Im worried it might not be recognized.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Leaving the GOC-K

Post by Maria »

Go and see.

There are many True Orthodox Russian Churches who are catacomb churches, operating in secret in fear of the Russian Police. The Russian State Police are still questionable as they support the MP. Parishes of ROAC in Russia have had their liturgical items, books, icons, and relics (bodies of saints) stolen by the State Police, never to be returned. In addition, sometimes their churches are destroyed or given over to the MP illegally without legal recourse.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

after looking into the parish, I found out that its under Archbishop Vladimir Of San Fransisco. I will look into it more as soon as possible!

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Fabulous, Justice ! You are a sharp one, especially for your youthful age.

GOC-K is trouble. You pinpointed why. Good move to exit and find a happier home for yourself.

To what Feast or Saint is the parish in St Louis dedicated ?? I didn't imagine there was one there at all from ROCiE. I am glad to hear that, as it's the heart of the U.S., a beautiful old area settled by the French. Unlike other parts of the country which were Protestantized, The city's naming for a patron of France reflects this, of course.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

The Parish is called St seraphim of Sarov. As for the feast I don't know yet.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

It's apparently also a mission church if that interests anybody. though strangely enough, when looking at the church on google earth the sign in front of it says its a Baptist Church. though maybe its outdated.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

It's apparently also a mission church if that interests anybody. though strangely enough, when looking at the church on google earth the sign in front of it says its a Baptist Church. though maybe its outdated.

Sometimes a mission parish will rent space in a store front or a local church, be it Roman Catholic or Protestant, until they have sufficient funds to buy or build their own church.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.