The Confederacy in modern times

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

The Confederacy in modern times

Post by Justice »

I just watched Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and I was horrified by what he said about the flag and the Confederacy! He spews nothing but Liberal propaganda. This brings me to say the truth, the Confederate flag isn't racist this myth that the Confederate flag was racist has been used as a tool by Liberal groups such as the SJWs and antifa. Unfortunately, the mass media has given into the Liberal agenda by saying downright lies about it. Let me state some simple facts ignored by Liberal talkshows and groups:

Less than 5% of Southeners owned slaves during the Civil war
The Civil War wasn't about slavery it was about Lincoln abusing the South and the south rightfully wanting independence.
Abraham Lincoln was just a s racist as everybody else, he didn't believe the blacks were equal nor did he believe in interracial marriage.

There are many more facts I could go on about, but I think this proves my point that the Liberals only hear what they want to hear. The horrible fate of the Confederate monuments is removal of our history and as Americans we need to save our history and heritage.

Justice
Sr Member

Re: The Confederacy in modern times

Post by Justice »

I'm not trying to say that the Confederacy wasn't racist, but this myth has morphed into what is taught in our school systems that the one bad guy during the war was the south and the north was made up of complete saints.

I say this as a former Liberal that once bought into this propaganda.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Justice wrote:

The Civil War wasn't about slavery it was about Lincoln abusing the South and the south rightfully wanting independence.

Read the Declarations of Causes of the various southern states and tell me it wasn't about slavery and white supremacy. It absolutely was and it is absolutely shameful. It just wasn't only about slavery.

Why Texas Seceded wrote:

In view of these and many other facts, it is meet that our own views should be distinctly proclaimed.

We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States. By the secession of six of the slave-holding States, and the certainty that others will speedily do likewise, Texas has no alternative but to remain in an isolated connection with the North, or unite her destinies with the South.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:
Justice wrote:

Read the Declarations of Causes of the various southern states and tell me it wasn't about slavery and white supremacy. It absolutely was and it is absolutely shameful. It just wasn't only about slavery.

Why Texas Seceded wrote:

In view of these and many other facts, it is meet that our own views should be distinctly proclaimed.

We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States. By the secession of six of the slave-holding States, and the certainty that others will speedily do likewise, Texas has no alternative but to remain in an isolated connection with the North, or unite her destinies with the South.

I dont deny that the south was racist and inhumane, but I hate when people think it was the saintly north vs the evil south. I'm glad that black people around the united states are realizing this truth and are supporting the Confederate flag. The Confederate flag is not more racist than our current American flag.

I should have worded my statement better, im sorry about that.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Justice wrote:

I dont deny that the south was racist and inhumane, but I hate when people think it was the saintly north vs the evil south. I'm glad that black people around the united states are realizing this truth and are supporting the Confederate flag. The Confederate flag is not more racist than our current American flag.

I should have worded my statement better, im sorry about that.

There is no doubt there was bad in the north and the south. It is just a pet peeve of mine when people say the Civil War wasn't about slavery. It's almost become a mythology of its own.