Strict rules for St Paisius Convent, Arizona pilgrims

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

JHunt777
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

Re: Strict rules for St Paisius Convent, Arizona pilgrims

Post by JHunt777 »

Barbara, my understanding is that the nuns moved to Arizona specifically to be under the spiritual guidance of Elder Ephraim. Fr. Seraphim Rose, as you probably know, spoke much of the importance of being connected with living links to Holy Tradition. After the repose of Fr. Seraphim, and the problems that followed, the nuns came to see Elder Ephraim as just such a living link, and so they moved. Elder Ephraim commonly had those who do not speak Greek to confess to and be guided by Geronda Paisios.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Would you guess that several among the community of St Paisius [Velichkovsky - just so readers unfamiliar with this spiritual neck of the woods don't confuse with Elder Paisios of St Anthony's Monastery - are Greek-speakers ? I assumed they were all converts. I would be curious who comprises the convent today ; how many are from the Forestville days and how many joined later, in Arizona.

JHunt777
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

Post by JHunt777 »

There are a lot of fairly young nuns that joined after the move to Arizona. I do not know the exact number of those from Forestville vs those who joined after the move. I think most are converts but I'm not certain. I have a friend that frequents the monastery and who is also a spiritual child of Geronda Paisios, but I have not had the chance to visit.

Suffering Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Post by Suffering Orthodoxy »

Hi Maria,

St. Paisius Convent is sadly still under the SP as of 2024. I have visited and it is beautiful.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What do you mean, JHunt ? Did they revert bac to go under the Serbians ??
I am answering since Maria is not here at the moment, apparently.
Please do let us know if there has been a new development.