"Brother" Nathanael Kapner and ROCOR-MP. Is he being controlled?

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

"Brother" Nathanael Kapner and ROCOR-MP. Is he being controlled?

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Justice wrote:
Orthodox in michigan wrote:

Are there any updates regarding what jurisdiction brother. Nathanel belongs to?

According to wikipedia he's still with ROCOR-MP.

I was wondering does any one think he may sincerely beleive in russias putin or any speculation about his spiritual state wether as to he is in prelest or a possible insincere jew who is trying to mislead people with his videos that seem to try to arouse a preduices in people

As much research he puts in his videos he never
Talks about putins connection to Israel .

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: "Brother" Nathanael Kapner and True Orthodoxy?

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Are there any updates regarding what jurisdiction brother. Nathanel belongs to?

According to wikipedia he's still with ROCOR-MP.

I was wondering does any one think he may sincerely beleive in russias putin or any speculation about his spiritual state wether as to he is in prelest or a possible insincere jew who is trying to mislead people with his videos that seem to try to arouse a preduices in people

As much research he puts in his videos he never
Talks about putins connection to Israel .

Brother Nathanael is smarter than you think. He knows that if he says anything against Putin, he is a goner. The MP and Putin are best friends. With all that happened in the ROCOR before the merger with the MP, you should know that the KGB and state police are still in control of the ROCOR-MP and the MP.

Caution: we are getting into politics. Should we split this topic and send the recent correspondence into the private forum?

In Christ,
Maria
Admin.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Justice, wikipedia regarding Orthodox topics is often SO out of date that it's not a good source. [I wonder why it is often not very current ? ]

Even if he were to change jurisdiction, it might not show up there for a year or two.

I remember seeing one video which I did not like but illustrated how much Brother Nathanael likes the Rocor Bishops. He has nothing but enthusiastic praise for Abp Gabriel of Montreal and Canada. Maybe others of the Rocor Synod too, but Nathanael interviews Abp Gabriel for his website. Perhaps Abp Gabriel [Chemodakov] is the only Rocor-MP hierarch or clergyman who agrees to being interviewed.

Maria, do you imagine as a result, then, that Brother Nathanael is being controlled by the MP and/or figures behind the scenes over there ? If this idea could be true, then Rocor-MP may have been invited [ read compelled ] to take on Nathanael as one of their members. If THAT idea could be true, then maybe Rocor-MP, or some elements therein, would like to distance themselves from the self-described 'street evangelist'.

If the MP has a stake in Nathanael's projects, then it seems his letter to Puti n requesting a visit to Russia [ and of course, a chance to meet his grand hero ! ] would have been expedited. We would have long since seen Nathanael dancing in front of Red Square, surrounded by a crowd of Russian onlookers.

Come to think of it, he would be a great candidate for that Tsargrad TV station to do a documentary on his conversion to Orthodoxy. Hopefully, when the interviewer asks Nathanael how long he has been a monastic, he will answer truthfully - unlike Fr Joachim Parr's infamous lie in reply to the question put by Fr Dimitry Smirnov of the MP....

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: "Brother" Nathanael Kapner and ROCOR-MP. Is he being controlled?

Post by Maria »

This topic has been split from World Orthodoxy into Politics.

Maria
Admin.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Orthodox in Michigan

Barbara wrote:

Justice, wikipedia regarding Orthodox topics is often SO out of date that it's not a good source. [I wonder why it is often not very current ? ]

Even if he were to change jurisdiction, it might not show up there for a year or two.

I remember seeing one video which I did not like but illustrated how much Brother Nathanael likes the Rocor Bishops. He has nothing but enthusiastic praise for Abp Gabriel of Montreal and Canada. Maybe others of the Rocor Synod too, but Nathanael interviews Abp Gabriel for his website. Perhaps Abp Gabriel [Chemodakov] is the only Rocor-MP hierarch or clergyman who agrees to being interviewed.

Maria, do you imagine as a result, then, that Brother Nathanael is being controlled by the MP and/or figures behind the scenes over there ? If this idea could be true, then Rocor-MP may have been invited [ read compelled ] to take on Nathanael as one of their members. If THAT idea could be true, then maybe Rocor-MP, or some elements therein, would like to distance themselves from the self-described 'street evangelist'.

If the MP has a stake in Nathanael's projects, then it seems his letter to Puti n requesting a visit to Russia [ and of course, a chance to meet his grand hero ! ] would have been expedited. We would have long since seen Nathanael dancing in front of Red Square, surrounded by a crowd of Russian onlookers.

Come to think of it, he would be a great candidate for that Tsargrad TV station to do a documentary on his conversion to Orthodoxy. Hopefully, when the interviewer asks Nathanael how long he has been a monastic, he will answer truthfully - unlike Fr Joachim Parr's infamous lie in reply to the question put by Fr Dimitry Smirnov of the MP....

As far as him meeting putin publicly i dont think it would be good pr for putin , however i wouldent doubt him being sponsored by groups who have subversive agenda , something about his sneer doesn’t settle with me just a hunch.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Orthodox in Michigan, what sort of subversive groups did you have in mind here ?-

And yes, you are actually right: he does have a trademark expression. I might call it a smirk, but there is something unusual about his habitual look when exposing things.

Or maybe it is between a sneer and a smirk ... still, it's good to work on defining this.

Orthodox in Michigan

I guess i should ask is he informative,and sincere or does he not know putins connection to chabad lubevitch?

I think the better topic is are they-deliberately not seeing the spiritual captivity the mp is under and it working with the russian government or do they see it for what it is and try and put out propaganda to make it seem that russia is free of jewish influence and a christian country.
Maybe people think they can just wish these realities away and bury their heads in the sand.