UKRAINE AUTOCEPHALY; WORLD ORTHODOXY SCHISM?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: UKRAINE AUTOCEPHALY; WORLD ORTHODOXY SCHISM?

Post by Barbara »

Sorry that I have missed this discussion all the recent days. I have to read through it carefully, but
please, neither of you leave the Forum ! Keep talking because we listeners can learn !

PS - d9popov, what WAS that oddly - titled article by former Met Jonah {Paffhausen} that was posted on the pravoslavie site ?
I didn't read it but wondered why he suddenly showed up like that and what viewpoint he was espousing [ clearly, the MP's, I realize now].
But what were his arguments ? Did he add anything to the discussion ? Or he only used those anti-Ukrainian epithets and threw words around to impress the MP hierarchs ?

Speaking of those, it's true that Met Hilarion [Alfeyev] is very intelligent. Does he have any sway to be independent, or he is only allowed to be the mouthpiece of the establishment about all topics ? With his talents, might he be a better Patriarch than Kirill ?

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

Speaking of those, it's true that Met Hilarion [Alfeyev] is very intelligent. Does he have any sway to be independent, or he is only allowed to be the mouthpiece of the establishment about all topics ? With his talents, might he be a better Patriarch than Kirill ?

Hilarion is an unrepentant ecumenist.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh I know. But what I was alluding to was whether this is his own idea or The Party Line that he MUST follow to stay in power ? On his own, if Patriarch some day, what would he do, I wonder : continue the policies of Kirill without change - or would he veer away and strike a somewhat independent course > ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh I know. But what I was alluding to was whether this is his own idea or The Party Line that he MUST follow to stay in power ? On his own, if Patriarch some day, what would he do, I wonder : continue the policies of Kirill without change - or would he veer away and strike a somewhat independent course > ?

As an unrepentant heretic and ecumenist, Hilarion is simply not to be trusted. In addition, he is a Name-Worshiper.

It is best not to waste time speculating, but to spend more time in prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Is he openly a Name Worshipper ? Or one has to analyze carefully to determine that ?
Are most of the top rungs of the MP Name Worshippers ?
Does this play any role in the Ukraine Church situation ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara,

Hilarion has presented papers on name-worshiping.

Please read the following post (and the thread from which it is taken):

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =28#p62252

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Excellent thread ; I will have to finish it later, but great posts.