ROCiE-Ph MetPhilaret's spiritual son starts a new TOC

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: ROCiE-Ph MetPhilaret's spiritual son starts a new TOC

Post by Maria »

Thread has been locked pending moderator review.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

unlocked

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Wonderful ! Appreciate that.
It seems time to open up any relevant threads that do contain valuable information, historical facts, etc.

Why keep them hidden ??
Browsers of St. Euphrosynos Cafe can widen their horizons. Items may even be pertinent to their search for the right TOC for them.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

In honor of the occasion of the return of this thread, I will partly fill in one missing item from now-Met Filaret's biography.
He mentioned in it that his time as "manager of the Synod", as he called the job title, was not a good fit.

Why not ?

I spoke with him years ago about his life. He still recalled with shudders the following problem.
There was, he related, one figure at Synod [<that's how people refer to the Rocor Headquarters in New York City] who seemed to pursue him with invitations to join the Masons.

Then-Fr Peter stoutly refused each time. But he felt some intimidation was being exercised to pressure him into accepting the invitation.

This got on his nerves, he said. Finally, he asked Metropolitan Philaret to be relieved of the job. Met Philaret sent Fr Peter to I think it was Novo Diveyevo [a convent founded by Bishop Andrew of Rockland, a spiritual son of Optina Elder Nektary < whose repose day this is (May 12)]. I'll have to chec my notes for the exact location of Fr Peter's rest and recovery after being subjected to sinister offers of induction into the Masons.

Last edited by Barbara on Sun 12 May 2024 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

Is there any information we know about his synod? Where Metropolitan Philaret is? How many bishops he has and where are they? Does he have a website? If anyone from his synod is on the forum and finds this, please feel free to contribute your contribution is worth millions

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

The closest I got to Vl. Philaret’s online presence is his Podvorie in Birmingham but there is no contact info or any info about his synod on it. I’ll leave a link here for anyone who is curious
https://www.russian-orthodox-church-bir ... k/about_us

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh, great, Almond. Yes, I noticed that podvorie [is that what it is ?] in UK on stan.777's wonderful map of the TOC's in the UK. I was planning to ask for information TOO !

Last edited by Barbara on Sun 12 May 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.