G.O.C any help appreciated

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: G.O.C any help appreciated

Post by Maria »

someguy wrote:
Maria wrote:

Yes, there is a lot of utter nonsense and rumors flying about in Monk Kirikos' cult.
I follow the Church of Jesus Christ under Archbishop Stephanos of Athens (the GOC).

Is the Monk Kirikos the one that Bishop Efstasios is aligned with to cause the recent Matthewite split?

Sadly, yes. Bishop Efstasios who is a highly educated man had been in regular contact with Monk Kirikos.
We are neither to be in contact with the schismatics nor the heretics.
We should pray for them, but continuing to be a friend can be a danger to one's salvation.

Is the Archbishop Stephanos you are loyal to the same as the Matthewite Archbishop Stephanos?

I am a member the Genuine Church of Greece and Archbishop Stephanos is in charge.
Christ is the head of the Holy Church.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Does the Goc under archbishop Stephanos beleive there are other jurisdictions in the one Holy catholic and apostolic church of christ ? That they are aware of but do not have visible communion with , i realise there are churches hidden it in the world that can still have spiritual communion with the church even if not aware of there existence.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Orthodox in Michigan wrote:

Does the Goc under archbishop Stephanos beleive there are other jurisdictions in the one Holy catholic and apostolic church of christ ? That they are aware of but do not have visible communion with , i realise there are churches hidden it in the world that can still have spiritual communion with the church even if not aware of there existence.

The GOC under Archbishop Stephanos is in communion with some underground catacomb Russian Orthodox Churches in Russia and other Slavic countries. These churches do not publicize their services as they are still hidden due to persecution from the MP who would steal their service books, vestments, icons, and holy relics if they could. They have a few bishops and priests.

By the way, the ROAC has been experiencing active persecution from the MP. Why would this be the case if the MP were truly the champion of Holy Orthodoxy?

Orthodox in Michigan

someguy wrote:
Maria wrote:

Yes, there is a lot of utter nonsense and rumors flying about in Monk Kirikos' cult.
I follow the Church of Jesus Christ under Archbishop Stephanos of Athens (the GOC).

Is the Monk Kirikos the one that Bishop Efstasios is aligned with to cause the recent Matthewite split?

Is the Archbishop Stephanos you are loyal to the same as the Matthewite Archbishop Stephanos?

I read the link you posted they said they were from the snyod of Chrystosom, however they clamed some incorrect things about St Matthew being concerated by one of the new calendar bishops he was reordained because he was ordained after the schism,and they recognize philaret of new york ROCOR they must know he believed the new calendar church still possess grace.

someguy
Jr Member

Post by someguy »

Interesting question though from what I know the Matthewite group/s would not endorse this posture as they have and have always had the light switch grace theory right?... Especially in terms of churches that have the same confession though they cannot be in communion with even they are not hidden...

From all my learning, research and prayer I think the most conservative posture to have is to follow the orthodox church... Obviously

Where everyone is to find that can be difficult because when one finds a parish which is under a synod which has an orthodox confession though isn't in communion with other synods that have the same confession it seems that arguments about historical details that are extremely biased from person to person come out to justify their isolation...

Whatever I write is my opinion only, which I seek comments for to grow spiritually in the truth and not censorship, I do apologise and will not link that site again as I am not seeking unecessary tensions.

Thanks as always

Orthodox in Michigan

Yes i agree with what you are saying i also like others imput and take on things name calling light switch flipper , or i could retort Chrystosom as a flip flopper are childish and get people nowhere or ad homimen attacks , i mostly agree that this should be where people could discuss things without being censored. Let people ask and question if any thing it helps people learn .

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

someguy wrote:

Interesting question though from what I know the Matthewite group/s would not endorse this posture as they have and have always had the light switch grace theory right?... Especially in terms of churches that have the same confession though they cannot be in communion with even they are not hidden...

From all my learning, research and prayer I think the most conservative posture to have is to follow the orthodox church... Obviously

Where everyone is to find that can be difficult because when one finds a parish which is under a synod which has an orthodox confession though isn't in communion with other synods that have the same confession it seems that arguments about historical details that are extremely biased from person to person come out to justify their isolation...

Whatever I write is my opinion only, which I seek comments for to grow spiritually in the truth and not censorship, I do apologise and will not link that site again as I am not seeking unecessary tensions.

Thanks as always

Someguy,

The reason that website link from the defrocked Bulgarian priest has been censored here is due to all the misinformation he is spreading. After all, they are only a lay association composed of laity and defrocked priests without any bishop to guide them. All the gossip, slande,r and misinformation presented on their website is not only improper conduct for a priest but also is harmful for one's salvation. It is a waste of precious time to read all the lies.

Furthermore, this cult confuses the Synod of Archbishop Stephanos with that of Monk Kirikos. It is Monk Kirikos who believes in the light switch theory, certainly not Archbishop Stephanos.