Is Mormonism a Christian heresy?

Discuss the Canons of the Orthodox Church and the Anathemas, especially those against various heresies that have arisen since the beginning of Christ's Holy Orthodox Church. All Forum Rules Apply. No Polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Lucian Hodoboc
Faith: Eastern-Orthodox

Is Mormonism a Christian heresy?

Post by Lucian Hodoboc »

Can Mormonism be considered a Christian heresy, considering that their belief system does include Jesus Christ's death and resurrection (which is the central doctrine of Christianity)? :oops:

d9popov

Re: Is Mormonism a Christian heresy?

Post by d9popov »

Lucian Hodoboc wrote:

Can Mormonism be considered a Christian heresy, considering that their belief system does include Jesus Christ's death and resurrection (which is the central doctrine of Christianity)? :oops:

Strictly speaking, all heresies, are separate from Christianity, which is Orthodox Christianity. Strictly speaking, Papism and Protestantism are heresies not Christianity, even though they retain many Christian doctrines in a distorted form. Mormonism is a paganized heresy, derived from a gross heresy (Protestantism), derived from a heresy (Papism). It is far removed from historic Christianity. Also, even atheists believed that Jesus died, so what that believe is not special. Others have raised from dead (Lazarus, etc.).

The first doctrine of Christianity is "I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of all things." Mormon doctrine contracts this first doctrine of Christianity.

May I ask why you are asking this question?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Here is an interesting blog about Mormonism. It is unfortunately a Protestant website.

http://www.lovethetruth.com/books/13_bl ... ership.htm

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I only now had a chance to look at it. Good that you found that, as it looks to contain a lot of insightful truths. However, it's quite dense so I will have to look again when I have more time. The author has clearly done extensive research in this field. It's interesting about the John Birch Society, which was founded by a Catholic, I recall, but got taken over by wrong people. This website goes into great detail in exposing all the rotten things about it and LDS.