Which GOC synod is this?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Which GOC synod is this?

Post by Maria »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:
someguy wrote:
Bishop_Irineos wrote:

What other bishops are with him?

Does this give you any clarity?
http://www.omologitis.org/?page_id=529

No it does not because it lists no other bishops, but people keep referring to this as a synod. Are there any bishops with him?

I see what you are implying.

When a bishop is alone and there are no other bishops with him, he is not part of a synod of bishops.

This is the same situation that Archbishop Gregory of Colorado, formerly of ROAC, finds himself.
He consecrated Bishop Moran, but then discovered that Bishop Moran was not who he said he was.
Bishop Moran, before he left to join a schismatic Roman Catholic Traditional cult, helped Archbishop Gregory consecrate Bishop John.
Thus, it seems like Bishop John was not validly consecrated.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

someguy
Jr Member

Post by someguy »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:

No it does not because it lists no other bishops, but people keep referring to this as a synod. Are there any bishops with him?

My apologies as I thought he separated from the main makarios synod with indeed a synod of bishops...

So can people concur that he did indeed separate from the main synod because of the God naming heresy?

Lastly does a single bishop and his subordinates separating qualify as a vagante group?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

someguy wrote:
Bishop_Irineos wrote:

Lastly does a single bishop and his subordinates separating qualify as a vagante group?

Not necessarily.

Vagante group of bishops have questionable orders or consecrations.

There are many groups of vagante bishops who have an "apostolic line" that includes ex-Roman Catholics, ex-Anglicans, and ex-Orthodox.
There is even one bishop who has been nicknamed as Bishop Draperod because he carries a drapery rod.

Below is a picture of him:

And here is his line of apostolic succession showing that he is a vagante bishop.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

someguy
Jr Member

Post by someguy »

Maria wrote:

Not necessarily.

Thank you all for explaining to such a novice such as myself

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

Maria wrote:
someguy wrote:
Bishop_Irineos wrote:

Ha! And here I thought that His Holiness Pope Michael I was the only hierarch with worldwide jurisdiction.

Here he is in his attic, err, Saint Peter's, replete with Christmas-tree lights.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=b96WxyxPfOY

Actually, he was not a bishop in the docufilm posted in the link above. I think he became a bishop in December 2011 or December 2012 in the Carlos Duarte-Costa line that comes out of Brazil. Carlos was a bishop in the RCC but schismed around 1945 because he wanted priests to be factory workers, as well as having other SJW designs for the clergy.

A whole legion of bishops come out of the Duarte-Costa line with some trickling in into Traditional Catholicism. The three accepted lines in Traditional Catholicism are: Bishop Alfredo Mendez, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, and Archbishop Pierre Martin Ngo Dinh Thuc.

The Traditional Catholic bishops who start out with Bishop Carlos Duarte-Costa usually don't get accepted by TradCats so they usually try to get Thuc-line consecrations done on them, like Bishop Joseph Macek who not only has Duarte-Costa line and Thuc-line but also, I think, Russian Orthodox and Greek Orthodox lines, but of course from vagrants, in what is known as "line collecting".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Duarte_Costa

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

nicknamed as Bishop Draperod because he carries a drapery rod.

LOL ! Too funny.

d9popov

Post by d9popov »

Dear Bishop Ireneos,

Metropolitan Christopher of Mesogaia had been a member of the Makarios synod and, later, after separating from the synod, he accepted a Bishop Christopher from Bulgaria, who had not been traditional Orthodox but a member of the Bulgarian "Alternative Synod." So, references on the website to the "synod" might refer to the old Makarios synod or the new two-bishop synod, depending on when each posting dates from. The website is poorly organized and difficult to navigate, but there may be some further info somewhere at the site about the Bulgarian bishop (at least there WAS in the past)