Bishop Ambrose of Denver now with ROCiE

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Barbara
Protoposter

Bishop Ambrose of Denver now with ROCiE

Post by Barbara »

Looks like Bishop Ambrose, formerly with Abp Gregory of Colorado, has now switched to Metropolitan Vladimir's ROCiE. Am I stating this correctly, I wonder ? If anyone knows, please inform us.
Madison Grant
Jr Member

Re: Bishop Ambrose of Denver now with ROCiE

Post by Madison Grant »

Which websites are making these stories float?
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Glad to hear this.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Madison Grant wrote:Which websites are making these stories float?
Yes, Barbara.

Please provide us with any links. From what Madison and I have heard, Ambrose is living with Catholics and celebrating Mass in Latin in Kentucky. He seems to be unstable in his faith going from Roman Catholicism to Eastern Catholicism to Orthodoxy and then back to Roman Catholicism. He is in need of our prayers as his instability creates confusion in the minds of the faithful.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Apologies ! I mixed that Bp Ambrose up with another who is listed on the ROCiE site.
I realized after I posted this thread that "Bp Ambrose of Denver" must be this same one with the Kentucky group who had defected from Abp Gregory. NOT the one on roca-sobor.com's English list of clergy.

It's such an uncommon name and appellation that I leapt to conclusions without thinking of this other Abp Ambrose who is performing Confirmations, etc. according to the video posted.

I wonder who this ROCiE hierarch is, then ? I guess one could call him to find out, as his phone number is listed there !