Caribbean True Orthodoxy (PR)

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

tito
Faith: striving for Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCOR-MP -> Seeking TO synod

Caribbean True Orthodoxy (PR)

Post by tito »

I grew up in Puerto Rico all my life- and most Christians there are Papist or Protestant. In recent years, ecumenism, and the denominations most riddled with Prelest (Pentecostalists, Methodists, those with female pastors) have appeared more to deceive people.

At the same time, a small Orthodox presence has finally appeared on the island! That is under the Antiochians, ROCOR-MP (and now a Uniate parish!)

With all this terrible deception on these hard-working and humble people suffering from spiritual sickness and deception one must ask- when will genuine Orthodox come to the island?

I know Bishops Maximos does Apostolic work in the Caribbean, I was wondering if anyone knew more.

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Re: Caribbean True Orthodoxy (PR)

Post by Priest Antonios »

I believe the Metropolia had work in Cuba. Not sure where that stands. As you know, not exactly a safe environment.

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

Priest Antonios wrote: Thu 4 January 2024 7:53 pm

I believe the Metropolia had work in Cuba. Not sure where that stands. As you know, not exactly a safe environment.

Father bless!
I’m aware of a GOC-K parish in Cuba and there *might* be a ROAC parish in Haiti but I’m unaware if it’s operating, maybe our moderator father Mark can give us some insight. The closest synod to the Caribbean would have to be the TOCR (True Orthodox Church in Russia) in Columbia. If anyone else knows of any other synods present in the region I’d love to know! :D

tito
Faith: striving for Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCOR-MP -> Seeking TO synod

Post by tito »

Yes, it must be terribly difficult to be genuine Orthodox in Cuba. The ROCOR-MP is Communist Cuba must have there the advantage, alongside Papists and Protestants.

Priest Antonios
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

The Lord’s blessing!

RocaRemnant wrote: Thu 4 January 2024 9:51 pm

Father bless!
I’m aware of a GOC-K parish in Cuba and there might be a ROAC parish in Haiti but I’m unaware if it’s operating, maybe our moderator father Mark can give us some insight. The closest synod to the Caribbean would have to be the TOCR (True Orthodox Church in Russia) in Columbia. If anyone else knows of any other synods present in the region I’d love to know! :D

Suaidan
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

What happened in Haiti with ROAC was downright tragic. I don't think anything survived.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

Suaidan wrote: Fri 5 January 2024 4:21 pm

What happened in Haiti with ROAC was downright tragic. I don't think anything survived.

It’s really heartbreaking