Caribbean True Orthodoxy (PR)

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Father Matthew Homes

Re: Caribbean True Orthodoxy (PR)

Post by Father Matthew Homes »

We have a small mission in the Bahamas. If I remember correctly, in Nassau.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Welcome to the Forum, Father !

I am happy to hear that, since i once visited Nassau. I am picturing it now...

Hope your mission is highly successful.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Father Matthew Homes wrote: Sat 3 February 2024 10:35 pm

We have a small mission in the Bahamas. If I remember correctly, in Nassau.

From which church is this mission? Since I do not know you, I am wondering who is this "we".

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

GOC-Pachomios

Davyd97
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Post by Davyd97 »

tito wrote: Thu 4 January 2024 7:50 pm

I grew up in Puerto Rico all my life- and most Christians there are Papist or Protestant. In recent years, ecumenism, and the denominations most riddled with Prelest (Pentecostalists, Methodists, those with female pastors) have appeared more to deceive people.

At the same time, a small Orthodox presence has finally appeared on the island! That is under the Antiochians, ROCOR-MP (and now a Uniate parish!)

With all this terrible deception on these hard-working and humble people suffering from spiritual sickness and deception one must ask- when will genuine Orthodox come to the island?

I know Bishops Maximos does Apostolic work in the Caribbean, I was wondering if anyone knew more.

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

GOC-K has parishes in Cuba, as well as central and south america. Bishop Maximus is fluent in Spanish and has a monastery in Guatemala. His email is romiosini@aol.com

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

RocaRemnant wrote: Thu 4 January 2024 9:51 pm
Priest wrote:Thu 1 January 1970 3:53 pm

I believe the Metropolia had work in Cuba. Not sure where that stands. As you know, not exactly a safe environment.

Father bless!
I’m aware of a GOC-K parish in Cuba and there *might* be a ROAC parish in Haiti but I’m unaware if it’s operating, maybe our moderator father Mark can give us some insight. The closest synod to the Caribbean would have to be the TOCR (True Orthodox Church in Russia) in Columbia. If anyone else knows of any other synods present in the region I’d love to know! :D

The GOC-A is also active in Colombia and Venezuela.  We've had some contacts in Cuba, but I do not know if anyone has been received there.

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

RocaRemnant wrote: Thu 4 January 2024 9:51 pm
Priest wrote:Thu 1 January 1970 3:53 pm

I believe the Metropolia had work in Cuba. Not sure where that stands. As you know, not exactly a safe environment.

Father bless!
I’m aware of a GOC-K parish in Cuba and there *might* be a ROAC parish in Haiti but I’m unaware if it’s operating, maybe our moderator father Mark can give us some insight. The closest synod to the Caribbean would have to be the TOCR (True Orthodox Church in Russia) in Columbia. If anyone else knows of any other synods present in the region I’d love to know! :D

Unfortunately the ROAC parish in Haiti is long since inactive. When our priest, Fr. Matthew reposed (under... Suspicious circumstances to say the least), they lost the property and we don't know what happened to most of the people there. That was even before the Colorado schism.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."