Parishes with the GOC of Abp Stephanos of Athens in North America

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

abrown0812
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Parishes with the GOC of Abp Stephanos of Athens in North America

Post by abrown0812 »

Are there any parishes under Abp Stephanos of Athens in North America? I found the St. John the Theologian parish website, but it seems to be outdated. I also found Holy Protection Cathedral in Astoria, but I don't know if the community is still active. If anyone knows who to contact for information, the help would be much appreciated!

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Parishes with the GOC of Abp Stephanos of Athens in North America

Post by Suaidan »

I would use the Holy Protection Astoria information to try to call and leave a message. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Fr Stephen Fraser has reposed.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Davyd97
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Post by Davyd97 »

abrown0812 wrote: Sun 11 February 2024 7:53 pm

Are there any parishes under Abp Stephanos of Athens in North America? I found the St. John the Theologian parish website, but it seems to be outdated. I also found Holy Protection Cathedral in Astoria, but I don't know if the community is still active. If anyone knows who to contact for information, the help would be much appreciated!

Holy Protection is still very much active. I got into contact with them about something else entirely different, but I will ask.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Does anyone know when Fr Stephen Fraser reposed ? He was pretty old, so I'm not surprised.