Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by Suaidan »

Jean-Serge wrote: Wed 24 April 2024 6:47 am

The Romanian synod also wrote against vaccination. ROCANA wrote but their statement contained obvious flaws.

I missed their statement, what was wrong with it

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Tue 23 April 2024 11:49 pm

Many thanks for all this information and updates on the current scene, eish !
Let me clarify, too, what you wrote yesterday speaking about Fr Peter Heers :

"Back in his Greek State Church days I think he used to be under Metropolitan Seraphim, who was one of the few vocal critics of ecumenism but went off the deep end with covidism. Now he has no supporters for his views except Metropolitan Neophytos."

That was Metropolitan Seraphim of somewhere in the north of Greece around the Thessaloniki area, right ?
So was it Met Seraphim who went off the deep end ? How did that occur ?
Then you wrote "he has no supporters for his views"
WHO has no supporters now : Met Seraphim or - Fr Peter ?

Just clarifying, as it's essential to unraveling this mystery !
Thanks in advance, appreciate your thoughtful answers.

No problem about rolling two prophecies into one. That's understandable, as they somehow don't stick in the mind strongly enough. I think that's because of the lack of sound truth in them.

Forgive me if I don't always keep track of what had and had not been discussed here already.

Metropolitan Seraphim of Piraeus is one of the only anti-ecumenists* in the Greek hierarchy. He is almost certainly the most vocal anti-ecumenist bishop in World Orthodoxy, at least from what I have heard and considering that there are also multiple language barriers. Fr. Peter knows Metropolitan Seraphim personally and while he was usually not keen to talk about which bishop he was under, I remember talk either of him having been under Met. Seraphim or perhaps there was an element of speculation to people saying that. Then with the 2020 lesson when we all learned something about who our real friends were, the metropolitan went completely nuts with his covidism. He is infamous for excommunicating anyone who does not take the clot shot. Fr. Peter has himself even spoken of this change in his videos and called the metropolitan out for it.

Bishops in World Orthodoxy are almost always ecumenists, meaning that when Met. Seraphim fell into covidism--or perhaps just showed his true colours under it, who knows what goes on in his mind--that really left Fr. Peter with only one bishop he could point to as his confessing orthodox hierarchy. In being publicly against both, Met. Neophytos stands alone and thus there are no other bishops who publicly and openly proclaim views like those of Fr. Peter.

In fact both of those metropolitans should really have dedicated threads on their positions.

*If we interpret anti-ecumenism to mean here conservative ecumenism, or a minimalist ecumenism in that they concelebrate with and commemorate ecumenists and other hierarchs who call themselves "orthodox", but not those heretics who do not claim to be Eastern Orthodox.