Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by Barbara »

OHHH ! I had no idea. Well this explains why Fr Peter had all the pictures of him and his matushka with Met Hilarion of Rocor-MP.

-- Why did Fr Peter leave from Jordanville after only one year ? Neither side liked the other ? I think he continued to teach some correspondence courses, something like that ?

-- Why didn't the incoming Met Nicholas care for Fr Peter, I wonder ? Aha, that explains WHY the Rocor Chancery wrote such a strong letter last year [?] saying that Fr Peter is not at all under consideration to be admitted.

-- eish, you said Fr Peter had served for years under Rocor-MP. Was it more than a few ? Fr Peter's story is so full of  confusing points. I would love to clarify everything.

Thank you to Sava and eish for helping me to finally understand what transpired. We all read lots of information on the internet but it's conflicting often. One doesn't know WHAT to think !

Does Fr Peter have a base from which he operates these days ?

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

Fr. Peter Heers' home base these days appears to be the St. Anthony' monastery where he serves unofficially.

Also if I had to guess, Fr. Peter probably didn't make too many friends at Jordanville. It's a tough crowd there.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Rumpelstiltskin
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

If only Fr. Peter Heers would just... read the Church canons.  :?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

OH, I see ! Do you - or anyone - think the problem at Jordanville was a generic one, which would affect any American or non-Slavic person there ?? After all the former Dean Fr. Webster resigned after only a couple of years ; I had wondered whether that was due to "the tough crowd" there ?!

Or - was it intransigence on Fr Peter's part, in short, not traditional enough and refusing to budge on the Calendar or other important things ?

Rumpelstiltskin, to which canons are you referring ? Thanks for the education.

Bac to Fr Peter, i am AMAZED that he is operating out of St Anthony's ! I would never have dreamed that.
Is that a good fit ?

Rumpelstiltskin
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

I am speaking generally. Canon 15 for example and so on. If Fr. Mikhail, Fr. Peter Heers, Fr. Josiah Trenham, Jay Dyer all these World Orthodox personalities, if they actually read all the canons of the Church than it is clear what the TO are doing. But they, it seems, are more likely choosing to ignore the canons like they ignore the writings of Fr. Seraphim Rose and so on. 

Canon XV:

​​​​​​"...But as for those who on account of some heresy condemned by Holy Synods or Fathers sever themselves from communion with their president, that is, because he publicly preaches heresy and with bared head teaches it in the Church, such persons as these not only are not subject to canonical penalty for walling themselves off from communion with the so-called bishop before synodical clarification, but they shall be deemed worthy of due honor among the Orthodox. For not bishops, but false bishops and false teachers have they condemned, and they have not fragmented the Church's unity with schism, but from schisms and divisions have they earnestly sought to deliver the Church" (Canon XV of the so-called First-Second Council).

eish
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Fri 12 April 2024 11:29 pm

-- eish, you said Fr Peter had served for years under Rocor-MP. Was it more than a few ? Fr Peter's story is so full of  confusing points. I would love to clarify everything.

He was with the Russians from the late 2010s. Not a full five years.

https://orthodoxchristiantheology.com/2 ... ter-heers/

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

OK< thanks both of you !

By the way, who is this mysterious Fr Mikhail ? Mysterious to me, that is ...