Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Rumpelstiltskin
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: NA

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

I NEVER would have expected Fr. Peter Heers to start gas-lighting about an impending WW3 let alone on infowars, lol. I no longer have a shred of interest in what he has to say, frankly. 

Also, Barbara, Joel is fine (I was going to change the name but I don't think I can, lol!). I may do some research on Patristic Nectar in the future, but it basically seems to be at the same level content wise as Ancient Faith radio, just at a glance.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, Joel !
So Fr Peter appeared on Alex Jones program ? I'm sorry, I didn't have a chance to see the video concerns. I will look later just so I understand eish and Joel's annoyance.
I agree that sounds really bad.

Somebody has to wake up this Fr Peter ! He sounds very out of it, going for flash, drama, sensationalistic portrayals.

[Who wants to try ? Maybe Fr Joseph ?]

eish
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: Fri 19 April 2024 5:15 pm

I no longer have a shred of interest in what he has to say, frankly.

Prudent choice. Metropolitan Neophytos was claiming back in what must have been about Lent '21 that WW3 was underway in the Middle East. It was supposedly already a hot war and the media were covering it all up. Not as personal speculation but mixed in with all his prophecies from "Saint" Iakovos and all the other elders.

There's some real Deuteronomy 18:22 going on in conservative World Orthodoxy. In fact they teach explicitly against this doctrine. Fr. Peter and his ilk* would say that God gives prophecies to the elders but when the people either repent more or less then the prophecy doesn't happen and God is okay with that because it is better for the elder to be embarrassed than bad things to happen. It's a free-for-all because every time the prophecy doesn't happen, repentance must have been [insert present/absent]. Of course in reality some prophecies do get modified due to repentance, but that is like when the Ninevites repented and the destruction of their city was delayed by a few generations. Also, the mercy was announced. And lastly it didn't happen with a large fraction of prophecies like we have here.

And I repeat myself because this one leads straight to delusion: Scripture teaches otherwise.

I may do some research on Patristic Nectar in the future, but it basically seems to be at the same level content wise as Ancient Faith radio, just at a glance.

AFR is waay more liberal. They even banned Abbot Tryphon, who's rather liberal himself. Fr. Josiah is basically just a morally conservative Antiochian Archdiocese priest who is famous for speaking against sodomy and his polemical book against protestantism (Rock and Sand). He seems rather ecumenist based on off-hand remarks I heard but I don't know how radical he is with it.

*As I recall I heard this out of Fr. Peter's own mouth but correct me if I am wrong.

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Sat 20 April 2024 12:15 am

So Fr Peter appeared on Alex Jones program ?

Yes. Dyer is a regular guest host there so he probably introduced them.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

So is Dire [speaking of alarming "prophecies"] Dyer almost like a number two to Alex Jones by now ?

Oh that's not good if Fr Peter is chattering away about such wrong things on that show. It means he will NOT likely leave his philosophical niche - and even be tempted to get more entrenched in it.

It sounds like a cop-out to me, too, if Fr Peter is explaining away the failed prophecies by claiming people repented ? Where ? How much repentance is being practiced in today's Western world, led by and populated by people of opposite character ?

Is Alex Jones still popular, by the way ?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That video popped up today-it's unmistakeable, the one with the Australian journalist ? I flipped ahead to about 11 minutes on it, and could not believe my ears !
Approximately, Fr Peter was saying

"A force of 1000 [ 1000 WHAT ? 1000 WHO ? ] is coming to the White Sea  [really, they are invading Solovki again like the British did around the time of the Crimean War ?!]
A third will be killed, 1/3 will be baptized and 1/3 will go into the depths of Turkiye"
[OK, we see that Fr Peter failed geography - he meant the Black Sea. But what is the point of all this, ANYWAY ? Fake elder-Ephraim also prophesied the retaking of Constantinople, though by the Greeks.
Isn't this perennial preoccupation of the Hellenes wildly unrealistic ? The SAME statement, cloaked in different imagery, must have been advanced by "elders" through 6 1/2 centuries !

Has it ever happened ? NO.
Has it ever been close to happening ? No.
Why are today's too-eager converts falling for this delusion, then ??

If on the same level as this extract, Fr Peter's "collected prophecies" stated on that Alex Jones program are loony.
It's embarrassing to hear him spout such sheer nonsense.

Someone else here can analyze better, as Joel and eish have done, but i would sum up by suggesting this idea.
If Fr Peter believes these distorted 'visions', etc., then you can be sure his ability to discern is sorely lacking.
>>>Never place your trust, your money, your property, your spiritual life in such a charlatan !

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Sun 21 April 2024 12:18 am

So is Dire [speaking of alarming "prophecies"] Dyer almost like a number two to Alex Jones by now ?

It sounds like a cop-out to me, too, if Fr Peter is explaining away the failed prophecies by claiming people repented ? Where ? How much repentance is being practiced in today's Western world, led by and populated by people of opposite character ?

Is Alex Jones still popular, by the way ?

1) I don't think Dyer is #2. He does on occasion take Alex's place when Alex isn't there for his regular show, though I don't know how often because I don't watch the Alex Jones Show. As far as I am aware he is only a guest who does not work for AJS in any official capacity. What is very weird is that (in the times I have watched it, which aren't that many) JD mentions AJ in his own show very frequently. However I was confused and had to fill in the blanks over several, because he never says who he is speaking of. He calls him "Lord Voldemort" or similar titles. (There is this stupid thing in Harry Potter where people are afraid to say the antagonist's name.) What I eventually pieced together is that he claims you can't mention AJ on Youtube or you will be deplatformed by an algorithm. This is evidently not true in general as I have heard Jones mentioned in shows, but perhaps people who speak too much on similar topics could be under greater scrutiny. On the whole, AJ is still somewhat exaggerating the extent of his deplatforming and JD is building on that mythos. Yes, it is extreme, but he is not the most deplatformed person in the world like he claims.

2) Exactly my thoughts.

3) No idea. I presume deplatforming must have reduced his reach while paradoxically making him more popular with some people who take that as street cred.