The red heifer thread

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

The red heifer thread

Post by eish »

I suppose we are about to find out just how apocalyptic the times are. Utterly unbelievable what insane idiots prots can be but here we are.

For those who are not aware, Texan protestant idiots** have bred and delivered sacrificial animals to rabbinic specifications (cf. Numbers 19:2) and the planned dedication of the temple of antichrist may be close. This in addition to the temple stones which have been rumoured for years to have been cut and prepared, ready for shipment. Dates of the planned sacrifice fly around; passover (i.e. before the end of the month NS) being one and last Friday having been another I heard.

It has already precipitated wars and rumours of wars. Perhaps this is not the place to delve into the morality of those who oppose them. Objective analysis falls outside the limits of legally permitted free speech (at least in the West).

What do you think of our situation? We don't know God's judgements but more and more it looks grim. It feels as if a massive war and destruction of the power structure, with all the horrors that go with it--which I do not want--will be easy compared to the other possibilities.

I know Elder Paisios of the EP is said to have prophesied the destruction of the Zionist state after its 75th year. That is an interesting thought--the question of whether he really said it or whether it came recently* out of the convenient prophecy mill. I can't even say that a Zionist victory would disprove the elder (cf. Deuteronomy 18:22), as I don't know what he really did and did not say. (Unless an older book is quoted specifically.)

All told, I'm still rooting for the prediction to be right regardless of what the elder may or may not have been. The horrors which lie beyond Zionist victory...

• Heard at about the time when the war started, maybe barely before, without a source.
    ** Who, if their plans succeed, stand to lose their heads under the first Noahide law, as would all Christians. I guess they weren't using them anyway so they might not mind.
Suaidan
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: The red heifer thread

Post by Suaidan »

I say vote for no red heifer talk until the Jewish passover to see what they do. People bringing it up now do not understand our prophecies and just want to accelerate war in Gaza.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

I hate to say it but I used to be associated with very unfortunate "Christian Zionist" types; as a result I've heard this kind of garbage for years, often shared as clickbait articles to trap these types of people.

For the last 10 years I've heard/seen a "restoration of the Levitical priesthood", red heifers, the Ark of the Covenant being found or the clear forgery in Ethiopia being "repatriated" dozens of times each. I don't doubt the Zionists want these things to happen but the Protestants who do are silly people and not worth focusing on. In other news, the heterodox are waiting for the antichrist rather than Christ, more at 11.

Post scriptum: best/worse case scenario, there'll be a Jewish temple on a place beside the temple mound, and they'll have an Ethiopian medieval wooden forgery the size of a suitcase claiming it's the "Ark of the Covenant", with red heifers and priests wearing Party city priesthood vestments. So in reality they won't be different than already existing groups that do the same thing. Or the Black Israelites in Tel Arad doing the same thing.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

Doesn’t the red coat of fur mean God’s abandonment of the Jews?

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

SavaBeljovic wrote: Mon 8 April 2024 5:07 pm

So in reality they won't be different than already existing groups that do the same thing.

It would be just as fake and twice as homosexual, but rebuilding the temple of Solomon would have prophetic implications that the others do not.

Point well made about previous rumours; I heard them (to a lesser extent, I think) as well. The difference now is that there is a hot genocide going on as opposed to the usual slow grind genocide.

If actions speak louder than words then Bibi's actions say that he is trying to start an apocalyptic war. That changes the calculus significantly. Previously everybody knew that most religious Jews wanted to demolish the mosque but the Zionist government did not want to start WW3. Currently the Zionist government is escalating, doing more outrageous things each time to provoke a full-on invasion and pull the US in. That goal puts the mosque on the menu. Russia would probably not have wanted a big war to their south previously. Right now, they are almost certainly feeding the rumour mill--and it is working--to redirect Western resources from the Ukraine to the Middle East. The US "election" system has already gotten the memo to take out Sleepy Joe and put Zion Don back in for war in the Middle East.

That is, the situation is different because previously the Israeli prime ministers were afraid to start a world war and now he is afraid not to. It might not happen this passover but if Iran continues to not take the bait, this is an obvious next step after embassy bombings and before demolishing the mosque.

Even if he has to do it by food colouring an ox that identifies as a heifer.

SavaBeljovic
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

I don't doubt prophetic significance, however I do recall the words of St. Cyril of Jerusalem, he was teaching catechumens while in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and asked them "do you think the antichrist will sit in this temple, or in that one? (pointing to the temple mound)", and all the catechumens responded he would be in the Jewish temple, to which he corrected them and said the antichrist will appear to be in the Church.

I honestly think most of the "third temple" talk is bait for anti-Zionist Christians who think "look, the temple is here, that means we can identify the Antichrist!" while they just slip into heresy and end up worshipping the antichrist anyway -- a sort of "looking south while the invader comes from the north" deal. With wars and such, our Lord said there would be wars and rumors of wars, I did intel, I hear and follow this stuff loosely, wars, always wars, genocides, nothing changes, the world's on fire, yada yada.

I apologize for sounding disinterested but the biggest fairy tale they teach kids is that the world became a more peaceful place after WW2, I have been hearing and seeing this stuff since I was a kid, and it was going on before I was even born. As my priest, Father Mark always says, "why worry about the end times? We've been in the end times ever since Christ ascended!"

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

eish
Jr Member

Post by eish »

SavaBeljovic wrote: Tue 9 April 2024 1:11 pm

I honestly think most of the "third temple" talk is bait for anti-Zionist Christians who think "look, the temple is here, that means we can identify the Antichrist!" while they just slip into heresy and end up worshipping the antichrist anyway -- a sort of "looking south while the invader comes from the north" deal. With wars and such, our Lord said there would be wars and rumors of wars, I did intel, I hear and follow this stuff loosely, wars, always wars, genocides, nothing changes, the world's on fire, yada yada.

Bingo! I expect a false antichrist before the real one. Some kind of baddie for all the heretics to point at while they worship the real one. Perhaps it will be the last Orthodox emperor, hated by all the heretics. Perhaps it will be some obviously over the top Disney villain mass murderer. Who knows, perhaps there will be several and different groups will disagree on which one was antichrist while agreeing that the real antichrist (who might kill him) is his opponent. The old left-right false dichotomy which works so well in electoral politics.

Please be patient with my musings. I do not mean to sow panic. I am simply concerned. The Lord told us not to be anxious, but also to note the signs of the times. Every day, the end is one day closer.