Met SeraphimofPiraeus-GrStateChurch

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Met SeraphimofPiraeus-GrStateChurch

Post by Barbara »

Metropolitan Seraphim of Piraeus's volte face ably described by eish, April 24, 2024 :

"Metropolitan Seraphim of Piraeus is one of the only anti-ecumenists* in the Greek hierarchy. He is almost certainly the most vocal anti-ecumenist bishop in World Orthodoxy, at least from what I have heard and considering that there are also multiple language barriers. Fr. Peter [Heers] knows Metropolitan Seraphim personally and while he was usually not keen to talk about which bishop he was under, I remember talk either of him having been under Met. Seraphim or perhaps there was an element of speculation to people saying that.

Then with the 2020 lesson when we all learned something about who our real friends were, the metropolitan went completely nuts with his covidism. He is infamous for excommunicating anyone who does not take the clot shot.

Fr. Peter has himself even spoken of this change in his videos and called the metropolitan out for it.Bishops in World Orthodoxy are almost always ecumenists, meaning that when Met. Seraphim fell into covidism--or perhaps just showed his true colours under it, who knows what goes on in his mind--that really left Fr. Peter with only one bishop he could point to as his confessing orthodox hierarchy.

In being publicly against both
[<ecumenism and vaccinations], Met. Neophytos stands alone and thus there are no other bishops who publicly and openly proclaim views like those of Fr. Peter.

*If we interpret anti-ecumenism to mean here conservative ecumenism, or a minimalist ecumenism in that they concelebrate with and commemorate ecumenists and other hierarchs who call themselves "orthodox", but not those heretics who do not claim to be Eastern Orthodox."

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Met SeraphimofPiraeus-GrStateChurch

Post by Barbara »

Any thoughts as to WHY Met Seraphim switched completely ?
Would he have been threatened, as he was so high profile before as an opponent of the 'party line'.
It's mysterious.

eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Thu 25 April 2024 11:15 pm

Any thoughts as to WHY Met Seraphim switched completely ?
Would he have been threatened, as he was so high profile before as an opponent of the 'party line'.
It's mysterious.

To be fair the metropolitan did not switch from against jabs to for jabs or from against ecumenism to for ecumenism. What I implied is that going from against ecumenism, which was the traditional position prior to covid jabs, to against ecumenism and for jabs when they entered the picture, he left the traditionalist camp.

As to why, I have no idea. It seems mad; perhaps he is genuinely that mad. Pro-jab seems like a position even more extreme than ecumenism. Even the conservative heretics saw through it.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh thank you ! I didn't see the reply.
Could he be mentally ill ?
Yes, that is worse than almost anything a Church hierarch would normally be expressing an opinion about to be in favor of that diabolical practice !

It's unfathomable.

Does no one pay attention to Met Seraphim anymore, then ?