UPDATED: Recent ROCOR Cafe Updates & a Poll!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Should this site have a link button to vote for it at CrossDaily.com?

Poll ended at Fri 28 February 2003 5:13 pm

No, replace that button with something else (post a suggestion)

No votes

Yes, I will try to vote for the site every day to help evangelize Orthodoxy.

57%

Huh? Where is it?

43%

Total votes: 7

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

UPDATED: Recent ROCOR Cafe Updates & a Poll!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Hello all,

Code: Select all

Just wanted to keep you all abreast of the changes I have made recently to [url=http://www.ROCORCafe.com]www.ROCORCafe.com[/url]. Firstly, I have updated the portal with February's adult and children's books of the month. The children's book is really made for kids 10 and up, as it is your face about the evils the teens and preteens run into and it is very up front about the truths of Orthodoxy. Very powerful for preteens, teens or adults. The adult book is rather inspiring telling of a modern day hero of the Serbian Orthodox Church. It was translated by a man I am honored to call my friend.

Secondly, I have changed the link to the forum so it comes directly to the threads without having to click anything else. I hope this is more convenient. You can still reach the page it used to direct to by clicking on the "Forum Index" link above the newest thread.

Next I wanted to mention that our [url=http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=ROCORCafe#top]store[/url] has recently added some new items. Also if you buy our travel mug you now get free coffee with your order for a limited time! The new products are a tile box, a new teddy bear, a fleece jacket, new colors on the baseball jersey, a women's tee, a night shirt, a toddler button-up hoodie, a new lighter lunch box, a mini-poster and a bumper sticker. (Which would look wonderful on your car in addition to our metal license plate covers!) I hope you enjoy the new and old products for sale there!

Lastly I want to know if you, the users of the site, think we should continue with the vote button. I was hoping that I could convince every one to click on it once a day when visiting here, but our vote count is dropping like a rock since people don't seem to vote for one reason or another. I liked the idea of people voting, propelling up in that search engine of Christian sites so people would notice it and hopefully learn about Orthodoxy. Let me know what you think by voting in the poll please.

Thats all for now, and once again thank you all for making this site what it is today. May God bless you all.
尼古拉前执事
Archon

Navigation Guide to the ROCOR Café

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

For the 2 so far that have replied with, "Huh? Where is it?", At the top of the board, where it says

ROCOR Cafe
Have a Drink of the TRUTH!

are 5 buttons reading Forum, Portal, ROCOR, Store & Vote.

Forum: To get to the main page of the message board

Portal: To get to the page with links, books of the month, search engines, etc.

ROCOR: To get to the official home page of the Holy Synod.

Store: To buy cool ROCOR Cafe items

Vote: Click this buton to vote for this site. Please vote every day!

If this isn't clear, please respond and I will answer any further questions in navigating this site.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Tue 4 February 2003 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

Thankyou Nick for making it clearer bout what you meant bout the voting stuff, I'll go and check it out now and vote for some stuff :)

MaryCecilia

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I see a 3rd person voted "Huh, where is it" since I tried to explain. Could that person, or any other confused person please reply to let me know where the misunderstanding is please? I apologize for not explaining it well enough.