Is there a Pet/Nick-Name for Anastasia/Anastasy?

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Daniel

Re: hmm

Post by Daniel »

NicholasZollars wrote:

a wonderful name Daniel! if I may ask which st. Anastasia will the child be named for?

Nicholas Zollars

Actually we haven't decided that at this time. Maybe the martyred Tsarina? We are concidering the name mainly because the child is due around Pascha ( the calculated due date is now April 19, was April 10), so we're think of just naming it after the Resurection.

None the less, this one will probably get the name of a Saint close by to the birthdate. There just so many great saints who's feast days are in April.

Miriam

Post by Miriam »

maybe you could consider the name Maria or Mary since Mary of Egypt is on the 14th of April.....

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

The Greek diminuitve of Anastasios is Tasos. I don't know what the feminine form's pet name is.

anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

Joe Zollars

hmm

Post by Joe Zollars »

if it is a female may I personally recognize the Holy Martyred Tsarina Anastasia :P :) :mrgreen:

Nicholas (after the Tsar-Martyr) Zollars

sue57

Re:Is there a Pet/Nick-Name for Anastasia/Anastasy?

Post by sue57 »

Sorry, but I just have to put my 2 cents in here! Robert K. Massie, who wrote "Nicholas and Alexandra" lived next door to my friend's parents in Westchester. When my friend was born, her parents named her "Anastasia" in honor of their friend's book. I have always known her as "Stacey", but now, since I have come to know something about Orthodoxy and also, Russian history, I wish I had a beautiful name like Anastasia! I agree that "stacey" is too angicanized.

Daniel

Re:Is there a Pet/Nick-Name for Anastasia/Anastasy?

Post by Daniel »

sues57 wrote:

...I agree that "stacey" is too angicanized.

George wrote:

Also an English nickname for Anastasia/Anastassy is Stacey.

This is actually why I ask in the first place, we wanted to see if we could avoid 'Stacey'(no offence). This is all assuming that we have another girl and that she would be born relatively close to Pascha.

Antrodox

Post by Antrodox »

:) I've heard "Tunia" used for Anastazia.